At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people worldwide by discovering, creating and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support our communities.
Our Tax organization is looking to add to their dynamic team. Do you have experience working in complex corporate tax? Read on and consider joining the Lilly family today!
This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with U.S. federal income tax regulations pertaining to international income of Eli Lilly and Company. This role encompasses various responsibilities, including providing support for tax planning, aiding in responding to audit requests, preparing tax returns and related disclosures, leading tax forecasting and income tax provisions, modeling and monitoring legislative initiatives, and managing global cash remittances.Key Objectives/Results:
- Compile certain comprehensive income tax calculations, along with the preparation of tax returns, including earnings and profits, foreign branch income, Subpart F, GILTI, FDII, and foreign tax credits for the U.S. tax return and quarterly projections, with particular emphasis leading analysis of the consolidated foreign tax credit position.
- Coordinate worldwide cash remittances in collaboration with Treasury and affiliate colleagues, creating a strategy for planning, handling, coordinating dividend payments, and providing guidance regarding previously taxed earnings and profits.
- Monitor and advise on current and changing tax laws and regulations.
- Assist with defending tax controversy positions, as necessary.
- Manage the corporate legal entity chart for the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- CPA or equivalent certification or CPA eligible and/or JD
- A minimum of 5 years international tax experience
- Strong tax planning and research skills.
- Ability to lead and work in a cross-functional collaborative environment.
- Experience using tax compliance systems, including OneSource.
- Proficiency with IT systems, including Power BI
- Proficiency in SAP
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.