Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
Eikon Therapeutics is seeking dedicated and highly motivated Lab Support Technician 1 to help support our dynamic and rapidly growing R&D teams. As a Lab Support Technician 1, you will play an essential role in ensuring the smooth operation of laboratory activities and assisting scientists in their research efforts. Your contributions will directly contribute to the advancement of our cutting-edge biotech initiatives.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position working 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess hands-on experience in a laboratory setting and be familiar with lab equipment and basic experimental procedures. This candidate is characterized by their strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to follow protocols and guidelines, ensuring accurate and timely documentation of experimental procedures. The lab technician will contribute to the successful workflow in the lab by supporting managerial lab duties to maintain a clean, safe, and efficient lab environment.
What You’ll Do
- Transport, clean and sterilize glassware, plasticware and lab equipment by safely operating an autoclave, a commercial dishwasher, and handwashing sensitive glassware.
- Handle biohazard and hazardous waste according to OSHA standards.
- Maintain tissue culture facilities, including cleaning tissue culture hoods, incubators, and general lab housekeeping.
- Monitor inventory of lab reagents and supplies; submit requests as appropriate.
- Prepare, restock, and maintain a variety of culture media, buffers, and stock solutions.
- Replace LN2 CO2 and other gasses as required.
- Monitor and defrost freezers e.g., temperature monitoring, maintenance, organize freezer space.
- Performs routine laboratory operations assistance as needed.
- 0 -1 year(s) professional experience in a relevant scientific field (Biology, Chemistry, or related).
- Hands-on experience in a laboratory setting, including familiarity with lab equipment and basic experimental procedures.
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and handle more than one project at a given time.
- Knowledge of lab sanitation and sterilization methods, procedures, and equipment; experience with autoclaves and commercial dishwashers preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to follow protocols and guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills, enabling effective interactions with team members and scientists.
- Proficiency is using basic computer software for data entry and documentation.
- Ability to lift 50lb and move heavy dewars.
At Eikon, employee compensation also includes bonus and equity compensation, in addition to several generous benefit programs, including:
- 401k plan with company matching
- Medical (premiums covered by Eikon at 95%), dental and vision insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%)
- Mental health and wellness benefits
- Weeklong summer and winter holiday shutdowns
- Generous paid time off and holiday policies
- Life/AD&D Insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%) and optional supplemental employee-paid life/AD&D policies
- Enhanced parental leave benefit
- Daily subsidized lunch program when on-site
The expected hourly rate range for this role is $23.08 to $26.44 depending on skills, competency, and the market demand for your expertise.