We are seeking an experienced, motivated Senior Scientist to join our team of scientists in the Velocigene department. Using cutting edge methods to generate genetically modified mouse and rat ES cells, and human iPS cells, the Velocigene technology platform gives Regeneron unprecedented speed and capacity for the validation of therapeutic targets and the creation of new genetically engineered models of human disease. This person will be a key member of the ES cell engineering pipeline.
A day in the life of a Sr Scientist may look like:
- Develop in-depth scientific knowledge in area of research focus; epigenetics, pluripotency and allele validation.
- Propose new ideas and contribute to innovation in technology development projects.
- Perform stem cell engineering experiments (mouse, rat, hiPSC).
- Propose and validate new methods and transfer to the production workflow.
- Continually maintain cell culture and experiments, weekend hours will be required.
This may be the role for you if you like to:
- Interact on a regular basis with lab members and higher-level Scientists to accomplish research goals.
- Collaborate and develop close scientific partnership with other functional areas
- Contribute to lab upkeep to help maintain an effective and efficient working environment.
- Communicate experimental results and conclusions to Sr. management and during group meetings.
- Take from disparate sources and synthesize independently.
In order to be considered qualified for this role you must have:
A PhD and 0, OR an MS and a minimum of 5 years of post degree, hands-on experience in pluripotent stem cell culture. Understanding of stem cell pluripotency as it relates to mouse production is required. Experience with current molecular biology techniques, including but not limited to; DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, qPCR, Digital PCR, Protein isolation, Western blotting is a plus, as is automation experience is a plus to enhance throughput.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$106,200.00 - $173,200.00