About the role:
The Cold-to-Hot pillar of in the Oncology Drug Discovery Unit is seeking a highly motivated lab-based Research Associate II to help discover and develop novel therapeutics that mobilize the immune system against cancer. The candidate should have a foundation in immunology and/or cancer biology with proven skills in molecular biology and in vitro / ex vivo assays in oncology drug discovery research. The candidate will be expected to contribute to experimental design within project scope and perform research lab assignments independently. As a key member of the team, the candidate will interrogate immune-modulatory pathways and advance novel molecules towards clinical development. The position is hands-on and requires effective communication and documentation of results and collaboration with key stakeholders across Takeda. The ideal applicant will be a fast learner, scientifically curious and team-oriented with excellent communication and organizational skills.
How you will contribute:
- Design, optimize, and execute in vitro immune cell and tumor-cell based assays to assess existing and novel therapeutic concepts.
- Learn and execute techniques like flow cytometry-based immunophenotyping, cytotoxicity assays, cytokine release, and functional immune assays.
- Contribute to planning and designing experiments and troubleshooting complex problems.
- Execute lab-based experiments with minimal supervision and deliver high quality data analysis and presentations to enable decision making.
- Demonstrate ability to research, duplicate and appropriately modify experimental procedures (both internal and in the literature)
- Draw on scientific literature to suggest and implement novel ideas, procedures, or improvements to the project.
- Collaborate with in vivo scientists for tissue processing and analysis.
- Work effectively in a matrixed environment and prioritize workload.
- Assemble and present clear and comprehensive technical reports and presentations for internal audiences.
- Maintain thorough electronic laboratory notebook records and keep in compliance with Takeda policies.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of standard methods in molecular biology / immunology like tissue culture, flow cytometry, ELISAs, western blots, and RNA-seq.
- Willingness to acquire in-depth knowledge of immunology concepts, applications, and methods.
- Independently manage own workload with minimal supervision.
- Able to troubleshoot routine experimental workflows and procedures.
- Able to clarify requests, provide suggestions, and put data into context.
- Understand why one series of experiments is more appropriate than others.
- Conduct scientific presentations to internal audiences in project team and sub-team meetings.
- Collaborate with team members across disciplines to effectively execute on project goals.
- Participate in external interactions and collaborations with companies, academic research groups, and other potential collaborators.
- MS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or Immunology (or equivalent), or BS in an equivalent scientific discipline with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and tissue culture best practices is required.
- Experience with ELISA, western blots, protein quantification and standard biochemical assays is required.
- Use of scientific databases and application for data management and data analysis (Graph Pad Prism, Office 365, FlowJo, etc.) is required.
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry is nice to have.
- Experience and knowledge in immune-cell isolation and functional assessment using primary human immune/murine cells is nice to have.
- Experience with sequencing technologies (RNA-seq, RT-PCR etc.) and subsequent data analysis is nice to have.
- Experience with in vivo tumor immunology mouse models is nice to have.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Base Salary Range: $64,400.00 to $92,000.00, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type