Associate Director Category Management
The Associate Director Category Management will be responsible to develop & own the Global Category Management strategy for the Drug Product, CMO, Packaging Component, Equipment & Facilities, and other areas as assigned. They is a validated business strategy leader & collaborator by advising Regeneron Global commercial teams on supply market dynamics and leading practices which improve value, minimize risk, and ensure quality & cost effectiveness. The Associate Director Category Management works optimally with ambiguity to anticipate future global business requirements in sophisticated and/or multiple business unit stakeholder categories. They develop strategies to meet future demands and to build a competitive supply advantage. The Associate Director Category Management leads the global Supplier Management Program including risk, performance, relationship, and supplier development pillars. They will ensure that the global category strategy is consistently deployed within individual markets by managing a team of category managers and/or collaborating with sourcing managers and other peers.
A Typical day may include:
This role may be for you if you:
- Identifying and resolving outstanding situations of substantial significance in the category under management
- Applying resourcefulness and creativity to problem analysis and resolution in complicated and/or novel situations
- Using independent judgement, sophisticated through, leadership and development skills to implement tasks and drive the sourcing team
- Leading teams of professional level employees responsible for performing sourcing tasks to carry out category and supply management tasks
- Serving as the SS&P leader for the associated governance forums which can include Joint Operating Committee and Annual/Semi-Annual Business Review Meetings
- Advising the regional/global category management strategy for the category of ownership to serve regional/global business needs
- Reviewing global contracts for key areas of spend; supervise trends/patterns within the category, and serve as the primary point for negotiations.
- Identifying/defining sourcing best practices both within and outside of Regeneron and ensure those best practices are adopted.
- Assisting with the planning and management of budgets, policies and practices for sourcing function with significant impact on area operations
- Advising and influences decision making at the management and executive level
- Providing mentoring and guidance on job performance and career development to direct reports (if applicable) and provides leadership examples for the organization
- Mentoring proficiency on procurement technical skills among the Drug Product, CMO IOPS Procurement Team, category/sourcing managers, and peers.
- Lead and advised the global supply market evaluation process by applying all available market intelligence, risk, compliance, and financial assessment tools
- Built the global Supplier Management Program for the category including risk, performance, relationship, and supplier development pillars with collective input from the individual market sourcing managers
- Implemented the global Category Management strategy
- Acted as the primary relationship manager to the supplier's global leadership team
- Developed and lead the framework negotiation plan for the global category strategy using a leader mastery level skills
- Mentored category and sourcing managers to ensure consistent execution of the global Supplier Management Program
- Negotiated with key suppliers at their most senior/global leadership level
- Worked with global contractual agreements and works with internal legal department on any changes that are critical to Regenerons interest
- Demonstrated standard business applications for communicating, presenting and analyzing (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Have Cost modeling knowledge
- Developed detailed business cases
- Built consensus, collaboration, and creativity within a collaborative team with limited supervision
To Be consider for this role you must have a Bachelor degree plus 10 years of relevant, dynamic experience within procurement, to preferably include 7 years directly in sourcing Pharma/Biotech. Or you must have a Masters plus 8 years of relevant, progressive experience within procurement, to preferably include 5 years directly in sourcing within Pharma/Biotech. Strong understanding of third party Contract Manufacturing, Combination Products, Primary and Secondary Components & Medical Device supply/commodity markets. Drug Product / Drug Substance experience preferred; will consider significant engineering experience with process equipment. Demonstrated experience leading multiple categories and strategic sourcing category teams. 2 years of supervisory experience or demonstrated experience leading a matrix team. Working knowledge with sourcing contracting tools, ERPs, and eRFx systems preferred. (Oracle, Zycus, GEP, Ariba, Other)
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$139,200.00 - $227,200.00