Who We Are
It takes a village, and at BioMarin our corporate groups are the people behind our success. Groups such as IT, Finance, Legal, Global Compliance & Ethics, and our People Team provide foundational support of all areas of operation at BioMarin.
THIS POSITION CAN BE REMOTE
BioMarin is seeking a Supplier Operations Analyst (US) to join the Global Procurement Operations team. The Supplier Operations Analyst will work with external suppliers and internal business partners to develop a seamless supplier onboarding and maintenance process globally. This role is also responsible for executing a supplier enablement program by developing communication and training programs to educate suppliers on how to do business with BioMarin. As a subject matter expert on the supplier information management (SIM) process, you will have the opportunity to help drive new initiatives and support BioMarin’s exciting growth.
- Coupa SIM Administration
- Understand the configuration of SIM within Coupa and maintain optimal end-user experience by assessing stakeholders needs, recommending solutions, and making system change when necessary
- Support ongoing maintenance of SIM in Coupa by updating workflows, custom reports, forms, catalog enablement, etc
- Work with the Coupa Administrator to manage the Coupa release/upgrade process by assessing new features, making recommendations to leadership, leading UAT and implementation as it relates to SIM
- Manage all aspects of SIM and work with key BioMarin suppliers to enable their participation via cXML, SAN, or CSP
- Supplier Enablement and Change Management
- Design a supplier enablement program to ensure we have accurate and up-to-date supplier information.
- Develop and execute supplier communication plans to inform suppliers about how to do business with BioMarin (supplier onboarding, purchase order process, invoice requirements, etc)
- Manage supplier training of our supplier portal and increase supplier adoption.
- Act as the go-to person for exception handling and question/issue resolution
- Coordinate with Accounts Payable and suppliers to execute an e-Invoicing strategy and plan.
- Coordinate with suppliers to validate compliance with local statutory requirements.
- Communicate with regional offices to ensure consistent Supplier Enablement approach across the world.
- Build and maintain supplier dashboards, metrics and KPIs
- Drive the supplier data cleansing process by coordinating with suppliers, business partners and IT to make any required changes to supplier master data
- Analyze data and proactively surface issues, suggestions and inferences.
- Act as the go-to person for supplier related data/reporting inquiries
- Develop a self-serve reporting plan to empower the business to query and find data on their own.
- Assess the training needs of suppliers using the portal and the business by designing a training program, developing/enhancing training materials and delivering effective training
Serve as the liaison for all internal and external audit requests
- Own and maintain the procurement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Update and maintain the supplier operations internal website and content library
- Maintain proper SOX controls and documentation
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of Source-to-Pay process and Supplier Information Management/Enablement
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Coupa (Coupa Certified is a huge plus) and Oracle (or similar systems)
- Expert in reporting and analytics
- Preferred business systems analyst experience
- Advanced knowledge and experience using reporting/analytics tools (Excel, Macros, OBIEE, Power BI)
- Excellent interpersonal skills - this role will partner with many different stakeholders globally
- A "can do" attitude - ready to provide possible solutions in what is a dynamic and evolving environment
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply chain preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.