About the Department
The Clinical, Medical and Regulatory (CMR) department at Novo Nordisk is one of the most diverse and collaborative groups within the organization. From health-care-provider interactions and developing and implementing regulatory strategies with the FDA to providing medical education and collecting data to support efficacy and new product development, CMR is involved. The one thing that keeps us all marching to the same beat is our patient-centered focus. At Novo Nordisk, you will help patients around the world. As their needs evolve, so does our challenge to find better and more innovative ways to improve their quality of life. We’re changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
The Novo Nordisk Real World Evidence / Clinical Data Science & Evidence - Fellow is responsible for supporting planning and execution of observational research / Real World Evidence (RWE) studies to support the Evidence Generation Plans (EGPs) for specific areas of the Novo Nordisk portfolio. In addition, the incumbent may also coordinate other activities including but not limited to cross-functional team meetings, project team meetings and observational study protocol reviews. One of the key responsibilities for the Fellow is leading specific research studies, as identified during the annual EGP process to support the product strategy; the Fellow may also be involved in activities surrounding study execution, for example supporting the communication of study results across the organization. This is an experiential fellowship, and the fellow will gain valuable experience in observing the development of product strategy, engaging with cross functional teams, leading research projects, coordinating/managing research vendors, & budget management.
The Fellow reports to the Executive Director RWE and works closely with all colleagues in both the RWE and broader Clinical Data Science & Evidence (CDSE) department.
- Lead observational research projects and manage vendors, contracts and budget
- Interact with cross functional stakeholders as part of research projects
- Prepare protocols for internal approvals and engage reviewers during approval process
- Responsible for data dissemination for specific research projects – includes external and internal stakeholders, managing the publication planning process
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues within the CDSE team and also broader stakeholders across Novo Nordisk Inc for example Medical, Market Access, etc.
- Communication and training of HEOR content
- Be involved, as appropriate, in broader initiatives executed through the CDSE department to further support the processes and development of RWE
- Throughout the fellowship the Fellow will also be expected to develop and publish a post-doc project; the RWD available to Novo Nordisk Inc will be available to support this project which will be anchored in the broader EGP
Approximately 10% overnight travel.
- A PhD (either completed or ABD), in appropriate field (heath economics, epidemiology, outcomes research, public health, health services research)
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills
- Works well under pressure, with initiative to take on unfamiliar tasks
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.