At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
We serve an extraordinary purpose. For more than 140 years, we have worked to discover medicines that make life better. These discoveries start in Lilly Research Laboratories, where our scientists work to create new medicines that will help solve our world’s greatest health challenges. We explore how next generation therapeutics, new technologies, and data analytics can improve patient health and the healthcare system. Our team shares a real passion for challenging conventional wisdom and creating an environment that embraces creative, break-through concepts.
One of the most recent actions Lilly has taken is designing and building a new, modern, and groundbreaking facility in Raleigh-Durham North Carolina! This is an exciting opportunity to help build a facility which will manufacture, assemble, and package parental drug products.
Quick Benefits Overview:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription benefits are effective on your first day of employment.
- Paid vacation- starting annually at 120 hours (prorated based on start date).
- $3,000 sign-on bonus.
- During the project phase, the Operator/Technician will support commissioning/qualification activities required to bring formulation suites into service as well as supporting site operational readiness activities. This position may require domestic travel with the potential of international travel based on program need.
- After project phase completion, this role will be responsible for execution of nightly operations tasks defined by the shift lead/supervisor.
- Adhere to RTP Plant safety policies and procedures, contribute to a safe work environment.
- Adhere to standard operating procedures and current Good Manufacturing Practices to ensure quality of product.
- Document process steps on appropriate batch documentation (Electronic Ticket, SAP, Cleanings, etc.).
- Attain and maintain qualification for the operation of assigned process equipment and duties in the area.
- Identify opportunities for operational improvements.
- Proactively monitor documentation and product quality, properly documenting all activities and reporting issues to supervision.
- Contribute to the achievement of key departmental objectives including improving safety performance, reducing deviations, improving productivity, and training compliance.
- Must be willing to work 12-hour night shifts (2-2-3 schedule)
- Currently in the startup phase of operations. Candidate must be flexible and be willing to perform non-routine work with Safety & Integrity in mind at all times.
- Provide commissioning, qualification, and operational readiness support during project phase.
- Support Site Leadership to build a diverse and capable site organization by delivering area operational procedures, quality processes and controls for the Parenteral Formulation area.
- Assists in checking execution documentation (PMX, SAP, Cleaning Logs, etc.)
- Drives key departmental objectives including improving safety performance, reducing deviations, improving productivity, and training compliance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs).
- Previous experience working in operations/pharmaceutical industry.
- Previous experience compounding/formulation in a Grade C environment.
- Previous experience using solution filling equipment and/or isolator technology.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles.
- BioWork Certification.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal).
- Flexibility and problem-solving skills.
- Basic digital literacy (desktop software) is required.
- Must pass a “fitness for duty” physical exam.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts on nights (2-2-3 schedule) with additional overtime as the need arises.
- Project phase will require a baseline 5-day work week with flexibility to adjust hours to support specific project tasks.
- Ability to wear safety equipment required (safety glasses, safety shoes, protective gloves etc.).
- The position is for the Lilly Research Triangle Park site and during the project phase will allow for a flexible working environment which includes working remotely in a limited capacity with manager approval.
- Ability to gown and work in controlled classified areas (grade c and grade d).
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.