Terray is a biotechnology company with the technology, data, and mindset to radically change the way we discover and develop small molecule therapeutics. We explore molecules and targets broadly and deeply with a sophisticated integration of ultra-high throughput experimentation, generative AI, biology, medicinal chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. Everything the company does is grounded in an iterative approach, producing massive amounts of precise, purpose-built data mapping interactions between small molecules and causes of disease that gets increasingly valuable with each cycle of design and experimentation. The company’s platform uniquely blends experimentation and computation to improve the cost, speed, and success rate of small molecule drug discovery and development.
Terray Therapeutics seeks a highly skilled and experienced Senior Accountant to join our finance team, work closely with the Corporate Controller, and contribute to our mission of improving human health. The Senior Accountant will oversee our financial activities, ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations, and play a key role in financial reporting, budgeting, and analysis. The successful candidate will possess a strong background in accounting principles, excellent analytical skills, and the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The core responsibilities of this job will be:
- Book Close
- Prepare and post monthly recurring and non-recurring journal entries
- Prepare GL analyses and reconciliations monthly/quarterly/yearly
- Maintain fixed asset ledger and prepaid expenses
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements monthly/quarterly/yearly
- Support year-end financial audit
- Accounts Payable
- Review invoices for proper coding
- Select invoices for payment
- Maintain vendor files (add, delete, update)
- Prepare 1099 statement at year-end
- Resolve vendor issues
- Credit Card support
- Resolve noncompliance issues
- Manage integration process between credit card and financial system
- Ad Hoc support
- Investor compliance
- Sales Tax exemption reporting
- Tax compliance (i.e. 382 study, Sec 174 study, tax research, etc.)
- Shareholder and Stock option support (external recordkeeping reporting/reconciliation)
Experience and Qualifications
Given the company’s size, anticipated growth and fast-paced environment, the organization requires a Business Operations Associate who is thoughtful, high energy and can demonstrate extraordinary judgement as a partner to the broader organization
Part of Terray Therapeutics’ success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, everyone is vested in a vision of excellence, and everyone actively takes part in the success of the business. Terray Therapeutics supports a positive work environment comprised of engaged employees who feel appreciated, recognized and free to be creative.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (Master’s preferred)
- CPA preferred
- 8 to 10 years of accounting experience (Biotech experience a plus)
- Start-up, fast-paced environment experience preferred
- Detail-oriented, organized, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sage Intacct, Microsoft Office Suite experience
She/he will exhibit the ability to work well under pressure to provide results in a short timeframe. The company is looking for a highly responsive, goal-oriented individual who will bring significant energy and drive to as a generalist to help us achieve our mission to advance human health.
$130,000 - $165,000 (annually) depending on experience; participation in the Company's option plan; 3% Safe Harbor contribution; full benefits.