The Manager, Employee & Workplace Relations will be responsible for executing the delivery of workplace and employee relations services to employees and managers that have submitted EED&I concerns in the US. This position will provide a single point of contact for efficiently providing highly accessible expert employee relations interface across multiple businesses within the US. The role will focus on investigation and timely resolution of workplace and employee relations reports submitted to the EWR function – in coordination with existing, established practices. The Manager, Employee & Workplace Relations will be responsible for proactive and responsive approaches to employee relations issues that support a positive and productive work environment. This position ensures compliance with all relevant country laws, regulations, policies and practices. This role will report directly into Director, Workplace Relations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Independently conduct investigations and gather information regarding employee relations matters such as workplace issues, discrimination allegations, employee disputes and other concerns.
- Effectively and accurately maintains confidential ER data in both systems and other filing mechanisms.
- Ensure professional service is provided at all times in accordance with the expectations and guidelines of the ER department.
- Identifies critical factors in a particular situation, identifies alternate courses of action and makes recommendations based upon all available facts.
- Work closely with customers to jointly design solutions, balancing business, employee and legal needs.
- Define, lead and/or manage projects, which may include multi-functional teams.
- Create and deliver workplace relation training to a variety of audiences in the business.
- Knowledge must address diverse and difficult problems or situations across multiple businesses.
- Considered the subject matter expert on a broad range of ER policies and practices.
- Effective at translating broader principles or the spirit of the guidelines / practices to the current situation and determine recommendation.
- Anticipates, identifies and meets internal and external customer needs/expectations.
- Effectively anticipates the unintended consequences and broader impact of decisions.
- Build and foster relationships with the business. Manages expectations and delivers results.
- Facilitates gaining alignment from multiple functions and resolves disagreements independently Appropriately documents information related to cases and recommended outcomes.
- Takes a broad view of the problem looking at all alternatives and assesses impact on other groups before applying a solution.
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and execute to achieve favorable outcomes.
- Ability to identify and manage risk. Determine contingency plans appropriately.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Employee Relations or related field. Master’s in Business or related field preferred.
Strong organizational skills that include taking appropriate action to move open cases forward to resolution in a timely manner.
- J.D. background preferred.
- Knowledge in MS Office – Windows environment.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in Employee Relations or other HR experience.
- Knowledge of HR regulations, policies and procedures.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that support building strong partnerships, appropriate influence, and portraying an objective and defensible position on situations.
- Exercise strong business judgment that is aligned with broad organizational philosophies and practices and is compliant with regulations.
- Makes effective decisions in ambiguous situations.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.