About the role
Sana Biotechnology is growing, and we are hiring new team members who believe in the potential of engineered cells as medicines, who want to challenge the status quo, and who lead with the desire to work on novel ideas. As an IT Systems Engineer, you will report to the Director, IT Infrastructure to aid in the design, implementation, and support of GMP-qualified network and server infrastructure. As we scale, you will partner with key business and IT stakeholders to ensure infrastructure solutions are implemented, maintained, and operating efficiently.
What you'll do
- Participates in a wide variety of activities around the design, deployment, documentation, standardization and maintenance of solutions surrounding qualified virtual infrastructure that includes high availability, disaster recovery, monitoring, and replication in a multi-site GxP environment
- Works with multiple hardware and software technologies including network, VMWare, SAN storage environment, backup software, Antivirus/security solutions, and system monitoring
- Proposes, schedules, and implements network improvements, patches/upgrades and repairs that will improve the performance and reliability of infrastructure systems
- Troubleshoots network technologies and monitors network health
- Perform capacity planning, performance tuning, and optimization
- Documents infrastructure configuration information and ensures as-built information is current
- Leads/collaborates development and improvement of infrastructure standards and procedures
- Develop and maintain infrastructure policies, procedures, standards, and specifications to clearly communicate expectations to project teams, external vendors, and partners
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, technical discipline or equivalent
- 8+ years demonstrating in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience configuring, managing, implementing, and troubleshooting all aspects of system and network infrastructure.
- 5+ years recent experience and general knowledge around infrastructure technologies: M365, Active Directory, AWS, VMWare, Cisco networking, and wireless
- Experience working in a GxP environment and qualifying network and server infrastructure
- Exemplifies teamwork and serves as a role model
What will separate you from the crowd
- Experience designing and administering cloud infrastructure services such as AWS or Azure
- Expertise in greenfield deployments designing, delivering and integrating infrastructure technologies
What you should know
- The role will be located in Seattle, WA until the Bothell manufacturing site is ready for occupancy
- The base pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $175,000 and $215,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience
How we work together
- Lead from every seat – we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team – we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen – we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off (various paid time off benefits, such as holidays, vacation, sick time, and parental leave), short- and long-term disability, employer paid basic life insurance, additional voluntary life insurance protection, financial wellness programs including financial planning resources, a 401(k) Plan with an immediately vested employer match, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually. For more details on our benefits, visit Sana’s Benefits Portal.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, social class (including caste/caste identity), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.