Terray is a biotechnology company with the technology, data, and mindset to radically change the way we discover and develop small molecule therapeutics. We explore molecules and targets broadly and deeply with a sophisticated integration of ultra-high throughput experimentation, generative AI, biology, medicinal chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. Everything the company does is grounded in an iterative approach, producing massive amounts of precise, purpose-built data mapping interactions between small molecules and causes of disease that gets increasingly valuable with each cycle of design and experimentation. The company’s platform uniquely blends experimentation and computation to improve the cost, speed, and success rate of small molecule drug discovery and development.
Terray is currently seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced data scientist. As an integral member of our Computational and Data Sciences (CDS) team, the candidate will be responsible for analyzing hundreds of millions target-ligand binding interactions from our proprietary tArray platform, effectively communicating insights to teams across the company, and supporting decisions in our molecular design process with strong data acumen.
The core responsibilities of this position are:
- Develop scalable, in-house tools for clustering, molecule similarity, feature generation, SAR analysis, etc.
- Analyze binding data from our proprietary screening platform to identify hits and produce additional insights to guide molecular design.
- Effectively summarize and communicate analysis outcomes to teams across the company
- Collaborate with medicinal chemistry and molecular design to prioritize hits for resynthesis and follow-up assays
Experience and Qualifications
Part of Terray’s success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, vested in a vision of excellence, and actively taking part in the success of the business. Terray supports a positive work environment where employees can feel engaged, recognized and empowered to be creative.
- BS/MS/PhD in computational chemistry, cheminformatics, medicinal chemistry or a related field
- Proficiency in Linux environment, experience with database languages, and experience with version control practices and tools
- Highly proficient in Python and the PyData stack (numpy, pandas, scipy, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Highly proficient in creating data visualizations in Python (matplotlib, seaborn, plotly) and/or dashboarding software (Vortex, Spotfire, Tableau)
- Experience with RDKit or related cheminformatics software (Daylight, OEChem, OpenBabel, etc.)
$120,000-$180,000 (annually) depending on seniority; participation in the Company's option plan; 3% 401K contribution; full benefits.