Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those arent words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. Youll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
Business Unit Overview
GlobalEngineering and Facilities (GEF)is responsible for the safe, sustainable, and cost-effective construction, operation and maintenance of world-class facilities that enablethe discovery, development and delivery of innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.Global Engineering (GES)partners with our stakeholders to develop strategic, innovative,and robust technical solutions that are compliant and reliable for project delivery and facilities assets throughout the BMS network with a focus on safety, speed and flexibility while placing patients at thecenter of everything we do. Our core focus areas are Strategic Capital Planning, Project Realization, Controls,and Governance, Engineering & Technical Solutions, and Reliable Asset Solutions.
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership and expertise in reliability engineering to ensure reliability and maintainability of new and retrofits and current assets. This role will work with a multifunctional team to evaluate reliability and maintainability of Facilities and Operations utilities assets. This role will apply design for reliability principles like critical to reliability parameters, fault tolerance, fault detection etc. to ensure inherent reliability. In this role you will be the liaison between the reliability team and engineering design team.
Drive consistent practices and utilization of asset management systems, providing a standardized global approach to manage assets across BMS Operations and Facilities network. Lead global strategic initiatives, aligned with the overall business strategy, to achieve measurable improvement in key Brand level and Site operational performance objectives. Drive continuous improvement and innovation within a global network, with both internal and industry best practices working across the organizations in a Community of Practice (COP) fashion with Subject Matter Experts (SME).
- Develop and document reliability design playbooks for utilities equipment
- Work with asset onboarding team to define minimum data requirements for new assets
- Develop acceptance test and inspection criticality focus on equipment reliability
- Participate in the development of criteria and evaluation of equipment and technical MRO suppliers a and technical maintenance service providers
- Participate in the design review of new builds and retrofits
- Lead Maintenance & Reliability digitalization projects
- Participate in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans
- Lead efforts to scope, plan and implement process/program improvements including accountability for sustainable improvements, such as process, procedures, systems and training material changes among others; and use of appropriate change management and communication principles
- Develop, deploy and maintain global processes
- Provide leadership, coaching, and training for COP including both the technical processes and the behaviors necessary to optimize process execution across operations and Facilities sites
- Participate/lead regulatory surveillance and benchmarking initiatives with peers externally to stay abreast of changes in regulations that affect impacted processes and also to identify new ways of working and evolving technologies in this space
- Develop, deploy and implement Global Reliability Excellence programs and initiatives, aligned with the BMS business strategy
- Provide input to the business Continuity Management Plan, anticipating reliability-related, and non-reliability related risks that could adversely impact plant operation
- Liaise with Facilities and Operations teams, IT, Quality, Compliance, and other functional leaders to identify and empower COPs/Focus Teams members
- Anticipated 10-15% travel as needed
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Reliability Engineering, or similar technical discipline, and a minimum of 7 years experience in a regulated industry with a broad based understanding of Pharmaceutical manufacturing and overall business processes, and 5 years in reliability for design for mechanical and electrical equipment; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience in plant utilities (HVAC, boilers, compressed air, chillers, etc.)
- Experience in a regional/multi-site/network role a plus
- Experience in RCM and FMEA activities for maintenance/process/equipment design optimization to meet reliability requirements
- Proficient in data analysis techniques that can includes process control, reliability modeling and prediction, faulty tree analysis, Weibull tree analysis, Six Sigma Methodology
- Experience with asset condition management (predictive technologies) and asset/system life cycle reliability
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma techniques desired (e.g., Standardized Work, Value Stream Management, problem solving)
- Excellent planning, organizing, analysis and problem solving skills. Strong background and understanding in the planning and execution of projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to appropriately prioritize tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency with standard Project Management tools (MS Project, Excel, Visio, SharePoint, PowerPoint) and templates
- Proven ability leading multi-level/cross-functional teams to achieve common business goals
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesnt perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as Transforming patients lives through science , every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.