Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external customers to provide comprehensive scientific support for Allergan Aesthetics initiatives in Plastics and Regenerative Medicine (PRM).
Facilitates information exchange, education, and research activities for physicians and ancillary healthcare professionals regarding current and future therapies in development or commercialized by Allergan Aesthetics. Provide scientific expertise and serve as a point of contact for both external and internal leads in PRM. Gather and provide scientific insights to inform global strategic planning for PRM.
Additional activities, special projects and assignments may be given, as required. As a result, the percentage of time spent across key duties and responsibilities will vary depending on project assignments and therapeutic area needs.
Domestic and limited international travel will be required.
Territory Location: East coast
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, establish, and maintain relationships with top tier thought leaders in the therapeutic area (TA) to establish a strong scientific presence in the clinical and academic communities. Ensure thought leader development and communication is optimized. Collaborate cross-functionally to establish scientific and clinical credibility with payers, managed market/market access and healthcare decision makers.
- Provide meaningful and comprehensive external scientific communications both proactively and reactively
- Deliver assigned portfolio-related clinical presentations and participate in prioritized scientific meetings and congresses
- Execute Advisory Boards (face-to-face and virtual) based on scientific need and TA strategic plan
- Support global strategic plan country level scientific education needs including scientific exchange meetings
- Document and synthesize external insights to inform Allergan Aesthetics PRM strategy (e.g., strategic insights, customer interactions)
Scientific Data Generation and Internal Communication
- Contribute to the review of research proposals and publications
- Contribute to the creation of materials and content used in scientific communications
- Scientific training of cross-functional hires as needed
- Establish and maintain internal organizational links with the broader R&D, Commercial and other departments
- Contribute to strategic planning by leveraging scientific expertise and understanding of the external healthcare environment
Strategic and Tactical Planning
- Contribute to the development and directly responsible for the implementation of the TA Medical Affairs strategic and tactical plans:
- Deliver and communicate progress on project milestones
- Contribute to the planning and direct execution of broader functional activities that support the TA strategic plan
- Support assigned Core Teams within the TA as needed:
- Contribute to assigned sub-teams
- Represent TA on Clinical teams
- MD degree from an accredited US or foreign medical school with postgraduate medical training
- Subspecialty training in plastic surgery is preferred
- industry experience is preferred
- PhD with relevant industry experience will be considered
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Must have a working understanding of legal and regulatory guidelines (e.g., OPDP promotional regulations, Good Clinical Practices, ICH guidelines, PhRMA code, FDA CFR, ISO, clinical research ethics, HIPAA and patient privacy laws and other local applicable regulations)
- Familiar with Medical Affairs principles, study design and scientific publications
- Proficient with electronic systems including Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, videoconferencing platforms
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Self-starter with ability to work independently with remote supervision
- Ability to work effectively in a team/matrix environment
- Ability to influence others without direct reporting relationships
- Ability to travel as required
- Demonstrated strengths in the following areas:
- Planning, organizational, project management and analytical skills
- Oral and written communication
- Time management
- Conflict management and resolution
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal and networking skills
- Motivational skills
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- Customer service orientation
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.