Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening disease. Eikon's discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins of proteins as drug targets.
You are collaborative and passionate about unlocking hidden insights in today’s clinical operations landscape and relentless in your pursuit of operational excellence.
We are currently seeking an experienced, collaborative, detail oriented clinical study start up expert. This role is a hybrid position with 3 days on site. In this role you will work with the Senior Director, Study Start Up and the clinical trial teams to improve operational excellence and efficiency of clinical trial execution in study and site start up across all phases of Clinical Development activities at Eikon Therapeutics by: Driving study feasibility deliverables and providing data driven recommendations to accelerate clinical trials and Supporting Clinical Development Operations Study Planning: to ensure proper planning and timely execution of all clinical trials in alignment with timelines and quality standards.
What You’ll Do
- Working closely with Clinical Development R&D functions, enhance analytic capabilities to ensure the right questions are being asked and data is being leveraged to drive study feasibility deliverables and provide data driven recommendations to accelerate our clinical trials in study design and study start up
- Engage and develop strong working relationships with clinical study teams (e.g., Clinical Operations, Clinical Supply, Legal, Regulatory, Clinical IT, Clinical R&D Process and Learning Management, Clinical Project and Portfolio Management, Clinical Quality Assurance, Clinical Data Management, and Clinical Research) to generate the best outcomes for study and site start up activities
- Drive adherence to standards for planning and execution of study start up, country requirements, working in collaboration with Clinical Operations on site information management activities to ensure time critical and high-quality delivery of study specific needs
- Partnering with Clinical Operations and clinical trial team, ensure the real time collection of information that informs country allocation, investigator site identification through activation, forecasting and planning and contributes to accurate site activation deliverables
- Support the Clinical Operation team in the successful execution of clinical trials, from protocol concept to clinical study report (CSR), complying with ICH / GCP / EMEA guidelines and regulations and SOPs
- Ensure that selected sites are meeting or exceeding all study start up, recruitment, retention, and data quality timelines. This includes gathering and monitoring start up metrics to measure against KPIs
- As required, develop site budgets, site contracts, targets, forecasting and performance monitoring
- Collect and summarize data and study start up insights for Clinical Operations and clinical trial team’s consideration to improve study execution
- Create, manage and archive central start up team tools (e.g., investigator database, clinical site intelligence, etc.) and resources required to support start up team daily operations, communications and records from study assignment to final handoff
- Proactively identify and implement best study start up practices, seeking continuous process improvement
- Facilitate study start up forum discussions
- Support in the development of local workflows to streamline output and deliverables
- Support Clinical Development Operations in driving a partnering mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred
- Solid understanding of US and global regulations and guidelines (e.g., FDA, EMEA, ICH) applicable to clinical development
- Significant experience within the pharmaceutical industry or clinical research organization (CRO) working with clinical data and clinical development processes
- Deep understanding of complexities of study start up
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Able to rapidly adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and change approach or method to achieve optimal fit-for-purpose solution
- Excellence in driving results. You persist in accomplishing objectives and exceeding goals despite obstacles and setbacks, while also helping others to achieve results
- Excellent verbal / written communication and collaboration skills and ability to influence and build effective relationships in a matrix organization, including to to ensure timely follow-up, issue resolution, and report updates
- Experience with Veeva clinical solutions and familiarity with leveraging multiple technologies.
At Eikon, employee compensation also includes bonus and equity compensation, in addition to several generous benefit programs, including:
- 401k plan with company matching
- Medical (premiums covered by Eikon at 95%), dental and vision insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%)
- Mental health and wellness benefits
- Weeklong summer and winter holiday shutdowns
- Generous paid time off and holiday policies
- Life/AD&D Insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%) and optional supplemental employee-paid life/AD&D policies
- Enhanced parental leave benefit
- Daily subsidized lunch program when on-site
The expected salary range for this role is $130,000 to $150,000, depending on skills, competency, and the market demand for your expertise.