We’re looking to hire a Senior Principal Scientist, Pharmaceutical Sciences to join us in our mission to discover and develop drugs that improve human health through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are seeking outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery and development organization and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery and development programs and collaborations.
Our drug discovery and early clinical development team includes a cross-functional group of scientists and drug developers with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large-scale compute infrastructure to apply our proprietary physics-based drug design and optimization platform. Several programs we have worked on have achieved Development Candidates, including progression to clinical development and FDA approval. You can view our entire pipeline of wholly-owned programs and collaborations here.
Who will love this job:
- A passionate scientist with extensive knowledge of physicochemical and solid state properties, preclinical formulations, clinical drug product development, and biopharmaceutics, who has experience in leveraging these principles to successfully bring a drug candidate from Discovery through Clinical Development
- An accomplished innovator who’s excited about solving formulation challenges and leveraging enabling formulation technologies to improve bioavailability of poorly water-soluble compounds
- A highly motivated pharmaceutical scientist with a desire to build a world-class pharmaceutical development organization who is comfortable working with CRO partners
- A pharmaceutical product developer with experience working within GMP environment and preparing CMC regulatory filings
- An experienced manager and coordinator who can handle multiple projects and possesses excellent communication, presentation, and time-management skills
What you’ll do:
- Design and oversee execution of preformulation, salt and form selection, preclinical and clinical formulation development experiments aimed at advancing novel compounds from Discovery through Early Clinical Development
- Troubleshoot formulation and process challenges independently and develop innovative solutions to meet project goals and timelines
- Serve as a key contributor and pharmaceutical sciences expert on multidisciplinary Discovery and Development teams and provide strategic and technical input on compound and program progression decisions
- Manage pharmaceutics research and development activities at CRO partners
- Contribute to the drafting of technical documents and regulatory filings
What you should have:
- A PhD in Pharmaceutics, Physical Pharmacy, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering
- At least ten years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience and a proven record of innovative problem-solving and leadership
- Experience developing enabling and clinical formulations is strongly desired
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Estimated base salary range: $175,000 - $230,000 (NYC only). Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.