Why join Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma?
Our mission is to help improve the health of humankind.
We are a fully integrated contract development and manufacturing organization with sites in Belgium, United States, Japan, and India providing comprehensive development, cGMP manufacturing, and aseptic fill finish services. We pride ourselves in offering a unique environment in which the work we do every day plays a crucial role in society.
We hope to inspire employees to come to work engaged and ready to give their all. This allows Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma to meet the commitments it makes to partners, patients and employees.
Total Rewards package designed to make your life better:
We offer health benefits, annual performance bonus, generous paid time off, paid parental leave, matching 401k contributions (immediate vesting), tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and much more!
Your next career move:
We are currently seeking a QC Chemistry Group Lead - 2nd Shift. The QC Chemistry Group Lead ensures the fundamental integrity of the laboratory infrastructure. This position oversees routine and non-routine analysis of proteins, peptides, small molecules, large molecules, and ADCs, and supports the development of procedures & initiatives to reach departmental goals.
- Leads and/or collaborates on method establishment (e.g. method verification, qualification, transfers and validations) for compendial assays and other chemistry methods.
- Performs routine analysis and testing for compendial assays such as pH, osmolality, extractable volume, density, particulate matter, HVLD and appearance, as well as ELISA, CE-SDS, SDS-PAGE, viscosity and moisture content.
- Provides scientific direction and technical problem solving to team members and internal stakeholders.
- Interacts with clients and follows up on client inquiries.
- Reviews data, technical reports, deviations, OOS investigations and test results and provides conclusions and proposals for future directions.
- Technical writing of investigations for deviations and out of specification reports.
- Ensures the maintenance of laboratory instrumentation.
- Regular and reliable attendance on a full time basis [or in accordance with posted schedule].
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Embodies Aji Bio-Pharma’s cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
- Champions Aji Bio-Pharma’s culture and empowers employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals.
- Engages employees by creating a climate in which they want to do their best.
- Sets performance standards and encourages employee engagement and results through delegation, continuous feedback, goal setting, and performance management.
- Maintains employee work schedules.
- Provides oversight and direction to the employees in accordance with Aji Bio-Pharma’s policies and procedures.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in a Life Sciences discipline strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in quality control.
- Minimum of 1 year of functional or day to day leadership experience.
- Working knowledge and experience with GMP regulations, good documentation practices, troubleshooting, and data entry.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, or as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed directions in a laboratory environment.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with electronic Quality Systems preferred.
The anticipated hourly range for candidates who will work in California is $30.02 - $42.03, (+2nd Shift Pay Differential)
The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com and click on the "Careers" section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
New hires will be asked to complete a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.