At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Biotransformation group within the multidisciplinary DMPK organization at Eli Lilly and Company is seeking a scientific director to lead and implement biotransformation studies in drug discovery and development with a focus on new modalities. The scientific director will lead all aspects of the in vivo and in vitro metabolism investigations, interpret results, propose/complete biotransformation experiments to solve important mechanistic biotransformation questions and communicate effectively with DMPK, project teams and management. Duties will include oversight/guidance of external (CRO) metabolism studies, performance of in-house non-routine laboratory work and collaboration across various DMPK subject areas.
Do you have hands-on experience performing in vivo and in vitro biotransformation studies, including mass spectrometry, structure identification, sample extraction and analytical method development? Apply today and join the Lilly team!
- Independently craft, conduct, troubleshoot and provide oversight of “cold” and radiolabeled in vitro and in vivo biotransformation studies
- Apply mass spectrometry to assess in vitro and in vivo biotransformation liabilities to inform drug design.
- Design, conduct and guide critical issue-driven experiments involving sample extraction, separation techniques, LC/MS and radiometric metabolite profiling for the identification and quantification of drug candidates and metabolites from in vitro and in vivo biological matrices
- Evaluate and implement innovative technologies and aid in developing strategies to evolve biotransformation capabilities within the department
- Integrate data across disciplines to create a rational interpretation of drug metabolism/clearance.
- Mentor and supervise junior scientific personnel as needed
- Apply regulatory guidance in biotransformation (ie. MIST, metabolite DDI, reactive metabolites)
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment collaborating both internally and externally (CRO’s)
- Author and review scientific reports and original scientific manuscripts
- Engage in the external scientific community
- Effectively communicate interpretation of results across DMPK, to project teams and to management
- PhD in organic, medicinal, or analytical chemistry and 5+ years of biotransformation/Metabolite ID experience
- Demonstrated experience supporting biotransformation/bioanalysis of new modalities (i.e. ADC’s, peptides, RNA, siRNA)
- Understanding of new modality drug discovery and development
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.