AV and Unified Communication Architect II
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North, South and Central America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Gilead makes it a priority to increase access to its medicines for people who can benefit from them, regardless of where they live or their economic status.
The AV and Unified Communication Architect holds the responsibility of revolutionizing employee communication and collaboration at Gilead Sciences by adopting and implementing top-tier tools and services. This pivotal role involves establishing and upholding standards that not only enrich the employee experience but also boost productivity and foster collaboration through state-of-the-art voice, video conferencing, and meeting spaces. As a vital part of the Employee Experience team, the AV and Unified Communications Architect will forge and sustain robust connections with vendors, suppliers, partners, and internal stakeholders. Together, they will craft roadmaps that incorporate advanced and emerging unified communications capabilities.
- Develop Audio Visual (AV) standards to meet the demands of a global science-oriented organization.
- Inform key stakeholders about our AV standards and the best practices surrounding their implementation.
- Establish and uphold quality and maintenance standards for the worldwide deployment and upkeep of AV and conferencing technology in conference rooms, training rooms, and collaborative spaces.
- Construct and maintain an efficient laboratory environment to assess incremental updates and evaluate novel tools and technologies.
- Engage in a high-performance delivery and operations team, ensuring an exemplary employee experience across conferencing, video, streaming, and voice services.
- Identify and implement communication solutions and services that cater to the organization's expanding needs and Gilead Sciences East expansion.
- Drive a transformation in employee work patterns and connections through innovative meeting room designs, physical spaces, and user-friendly devices.
- 8+ years of relevant experience and BA/BS Degree or equivalent OR 6+ years of relevant experience, with an advanced degree or equivalent.
- Proven experience developing a roadmaps and strategies to modernize communication and collaboration technologies and experiences across the entire organization.
- Experience managing a diverse portfolio of unified communications solutions.
- Demonstrated history of assuming responsibility and effectively achieving outcomes within a rapid and dynamic setting.
- Expertise in leading the adoption of enterprise-wide technology, coupled with the ability to comprehend and adjust UC solutions to cater to diverse requirements throughout the company.
- Experience with diverse technologies such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, WebEx, telephony equipment.
- Demonstrated expertise in the design, configuration, testing, and resolution of integrated AV and conference room setups.
- A forward-thinking innovator skilled in recognizing and incorporating technology trends to address Gilead Sciences' needs and use cases.
- Comprehensive knowledge of unified communications and digital collaboration applications in enterprise organizations.
- Deep knowledge of audio-visual technology in conference room, meeting room and training room settings
- Ability to multitask, work collaboratively across a matrix organization and ensure flexibility in a dynamic corporate and team environment.
- Ability to leverage both internal and external resources to expedite and deliver projects.
- Ability to work in a team environment, create timelines, and continually make necessary adjustments.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and oral communication skills.
Gilead Core Values: Integrity (Doing What's Right)
Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
Teamwork (Working Together)
Excellence (Being Your Best)
Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
The salary range for this position is: $185,895.00 - $240,570.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit:
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.