CFO Undergraduate Development Rotational Program
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
Gilead is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of high unmet medical need. The company strives to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Founded in 1987, Gilead has approximately 15,000 employees and operations in more than 35 countries worldwide.CFO Undergraduate Development Rotational ProgramBrief Overview of the Role/Expectations
The Gilead Sciences CFO Undergraduate Development Rotational Program is for university and college graduates seeking entry into biotech by providing a rotational opportunity within the CFO functions of Gilead Sciences. The CFO organization is inclusive of Finance, IT, Operations, and Corporate Development and Strategy. Finance is a unique function that supports every area of the business by providing financial leadership, setting company strategy, and managing the financials by helping to analyze budgets and forecast and maximize profits.
Upon hiring, participants will rotate through two assignments over the course of 2-3 years, with each assignment providing an opportunity to learn about the different finance functional areas. After completion of the rotations, participants will continue to develop their careers by aligning to an open position in Gilead.Key Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the delivery of accurate and timely monthly management reporting including monthly financials, revenue reporting, and functional expense reporting.
- Conduct analyses for middle and upper management and makes recommendations on reporting changes, entries and adjustments, pricing strategy, and/or forecasts.
- Participates in the development and coordination of the annual planning calendar, budget and forecasts.
- Recommends improvements to planning processes and systems.
- Support Gilead's on-going close and forecast activities.
- Participate in compliance record keeping.
- Contribute effectively to cross-functional project teams and teams across the CFO organization.
- Understand how Gilead advances patient care through research and development
- Learn how Gilead provides physicians with resources to better care for their patients
- Gain exposure into how Gilead Commercial Operations reaches our patients
- Gain an understanding of the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry
- Work in a corporate finance environment
- Develop planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Increase knowledge of computer skills and technology.
- Develop team-based work competencies.
- Develop interpersonal skills in order to communicate with employees.
- Develop interpersonal skills in order to communicate with day-to-day business contacts through follow up calls
- Develop interpersonal skills in order to communicate with external clients.
Gilead Core Values:
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Ability to identify issues and seek solutions
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion and diversity in the workplace
- Efficient, organized, and able to handle short timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today at www.gilead.com/careers
The salary range for this position is: $72,590.00 - $93,940.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact ApplicantAccommodations@gilead.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.