This is a hybrid role, requiring you to be on-site 2 times a week, with 3 days work-from-home at either Armonk, NY or Basking Ridge, NJ.
The Manager, Clinical Cost Management is responsible for cost management activities regarding running clinical trials as well as supporting Business Continuity efforts. The Manager, Business Operations Cost Management, will work at the portfolio, program and functional levels to provide prospective and retrospective measurements of cost, productivity, efficiency, and quality to facilitate informed decision making for Regenerons clinical development portfolio. Approximately 25% of this role entails supporting the Global Development Business Continuity program. The Manager, Cost Management will act as a business partner providing critical business operations and business continuity support to GD, Development Operations & Portfolio Management (DO&PM) functional leadership, Procurement and Finance.
A typical day includes:
- Understanding how CROs use their algorithms to support analyses regarding resourcing, cost and assumptions at the functional level and by activity
- Supporting the continuous improvement of business analytics that provide prospective and retrospective measurements of cost, productivity, efficiency, quality, and compliance to facilitate timely and informed decision making
- Supporting Procurement and Clinical Study Managers in verifying and challenging clinical study resourcing and cost estimates and assumptions at study and program levels
- Analyzing and providing data to enable comparisons of the credibility and overall competitiveness of study assumptions and cost estimates for new study proposals with that of the industry, benchmarks and internal historical estimates.
- Supporting tracking of data to help identify trends around costs and assumptions across vendors and therapeutic areas.
- Modeling impact of changes in assumptions on cost and resource estimates
- Contributing to driving continuous improvement in costing and process efficiency in collaboration with strategic vendors, study teams, Procurement and Finance. Help support new cost management processes and ensure process utilization.
- Providing data and analyses to support development of assumptions and cost criteria baselines for use during the study proposal review process
This job may be for you if you have:
- Worked in clinical trials with an understanding of the budgeting process
- Have a financial approach
- Understand working with CRO's and vendors associated with the clinical development process
- Experience in Biotech/Pharmaceutical/CRO a must
- A solid understanding of all operational processes required to deliver a clinical development program from first-in-human to post-approval
- Excellent analytical and financial skills
- Problem solving abilities, troubleshooting and resourcefulness
- Demonstrated effective influencing and negotiating, good interpersonal and leadership skills, a great teammate
- Experience with CRO and vendor bid grids
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships internally and externally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
To be considered you must have a Bachelor's degree and 7 years of related pharmaceutical industry experience required.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$108,200.00 - $176,600.00