The Manager, R&D Finance serves as a key partner in supporting the Research & Preclinical Development (R&PD) organization in financial and business planning analysis, reporting, and operations. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing actuals, budgeting and forecasting of operational expenses and external collaboration activity. An ability to quickly develop trusted relationships with business partners, your team, as well as within the broader Finance organization will be crucial to success.
As a Manager, R&D Finance a typical day may include:
- Working directly with senior leadership in R&PD and Finance to manage and forecast operational expenses, including people and research program related costs for the R&PD organization.
- Analyze variances monthly and forecast these areas quarterly. Build tools and models as necessary to perform analysis and derive insights.
- Structure and perform analysis and conduct research to uncover insights to help the business drive decisions.
- Work with business partners to understand trends and drivers behind variances within deadlines.
- Partner with the R&PD group/department heads, stakeholders (and external collaborators when necessary) to develop budgets and forecasts. Pressure test and review for accuracy, load forecasts into Oracle Hyperion as needed.
- Preparing financial reports and packages with financials, charts and other elements/visuals as needed for senior management. Prepare ad-hoc presentations for meetings with stakeholders.
This role may be for you if:
- You have ability to work closely with and build strong relationships with business partners and stakeholders (operations, strategic alliances, alliance management, finance, accounting)
- You have proven experience developing business insights, planning and financial analysis.
- You can remain in the know of latest developments affecting the business and areas of support; maintain ability to quickly understand and reflect potential impact on financials.
- You have managed direct report(s), providing coaching and development of performance plans and developed challenging / stretch goals.
- Communication ability to communicate insights, ideas and data both verbally and written, including running meetings and preparing presentations for senior management and for customer groups.
- Analytical ability to analyze financial results and to understand how to use this information to drive projects that will impact the business.
- Time Management ability to set priorities and meet specific deadlines in a fast paced, ambiguous environment, ability to be proactive, flexible, accommodating, and to deal with change effectively.
- Resourceful and Entrepreneurial ability and desire to proactively take full ownership over activities and projects assigned, desire to shape the organization, consistent demonstration of thought leadership.
- Customer Service Orientation ability to gain trust of high-level management and use relationships to provide the best possible financial plans and drive impactful analytical projects.
- Teamwork ability to work effectively in and foster a team environment.
To be considered for this role you must possess a Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 5+ years of business experience, MBA and CPA a plus. Previous experience and strong understanding of the biotech/pharma industry required. Previous budgeting/planning/forecasting and P&L variance analysis experience. Advanced Excel skills needed to manipulate raw data and provide analysis and insights. Advanced PowerPoint skills ability to translate financial information to slides, create visuals. Experience with Oracle Hyperion Financial Planning System strongly preferred. Previous experience managing performance and developing direct report(s)
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$108,200.00 - $176,600.00