Director of Accounting | Seattle, WA or Redmond, WA
Just-Evotec Biologics is seeking a highly experienced Director of Accounting with a strong background in pharmaceutical or biologics manufacturing and SAP expertise. Reporting to the VPHead of Global Accounting Operations, the Director of Accounting will play a critical role in leading our accounting team, ensuring a strong financial foundation, and ensuring compliance with accounting standards and regulatory requirements. The Director of Accounting will work closely with Finance to support financial reporting and performance. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of accounting principles, manufacturing processes, SAP, and SOX.
- Accounting Compliance: Provide a strong accounting foundation and strong control environment by assuring compliance with GAAP, IFRS, SOX 404, and internal policies.
- Accounting Processes: Responsible for the month-end close process, fixed assets, project costing, AP/AR aging, inventory, sales tax, etc.
- Financial Support: Support financial leadership, contribute to financial decision-making, and foster overall business growth.
- Manufacturing Accounting: Collaborate closely with the manufacturing team to understand production costs, inventory management, cost accounting, etc. Support budgeting related to manufacturing operations.
- SAP Expertise: Leverage your in-depth knowledge of SAP systems to optimize accounting processes, streamline reporting, and ensure accurate financial data management.
- Financial Reporting: In conjunction with Finance, support the preparation and analysis of financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and other financial performance metrics, by assuring a strong accounting foundation.
- Team Management: Manage and develop a high-performing accounting team, fostering a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
- Audit: Coordinate external audits and tax planning activities, serving as the primary point of contact with auditors and tax authorities.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvement and automation to enhance efficiency and accuracy in financial operations.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- CPA Certification (or international equivalent)
- Proven experience as a Director of Accounting or a similar senior financial leadership role in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of SAP systems and their application in financial management.
- Strong understanding of SOX requirements and compliance
- Proven experience in external financial audits Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, standards, and regulations.
- Strong analytical capabilities with advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of GAAP/IFRS and key accounting principles
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Organized, detail oriented, and ability to work with confidential information
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience within biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry
The base pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be $160,000 to $215,000; Base salary offered may vary depending on individual’s skills, experience and competitive market value. Additional total rewards include discretionary annual bonus, comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, short-term and long-term disability, company paid basic life insurance, 401k company match, flexible work, generous paid time off and paid holiday, wellness and transportation benefits.
Evotec (US) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.