Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
The Contract Manager will be a valued member of Eikon’s nimble legal team to support the contracting needs of a growing biopharma company. The Contract Manager will interact with internal and external stakeholders while tracking, managing and reporting on contract requests and related key metrics with a keen attention to detail. The individual will seamlessly work across the organization in support of legal, operational and business matters. This role will report into the Associate Director, Contracts and Legal Services and collaborate across all functions.
You are a team player with excellent communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills who prioritizes requests appropriately while excelling in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines. You are result-oriented, process-driven and strive to consistently deliver excellence in your work with internal and external stakeholders. With your good common and business sense, as well as your attention to detail, you will be the contract consultant and liaison with other departments and are eager to embrace dynamic growth .
What You’ll Do
- Prepare, draft and proof initial drafts of standard agreements using independent judgment and the Company’s templates, including non-disclosure (confidentiality) agreements, master service agreements and related contracts such as amendments, order forms and SOWs, customizing agreements as needed.
- Finalize and coordinate the approval and execution process of agreements.
- Support other members of the legal team in wide variety of transactions related to the drug discovery and development process including but not limited to research, licensing and collaboration transactions related to pharmaceutical contracts.
- Respond to questions and requests related to Eikon’s contracting process and its contract management system.
- Contribute and support cross-functional or departmental projects to improve processes relating to our contract management processes and systems, as well as help develop and deliver reports, presentations and training related to Eikon’s contracting practices and procedures.
- Participate in departmental or other special projects as needed.
- Work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment with the ability to escalate issues when appropriate.
- Act as the first point of contact for contract-related requests and questions related to progress updates.
- Oversee, track and manage over the lifespan of a contract, from initial submission through full execution, and through expiration or termination.
- Under the supervision of counsel, and working with other members of the legal team, draft and/or revise standard agreements (including but not limited to NDAs, MSAs, SOWs, Change Orders and Amendments), paying close attention to contract terms and business requirements provided by the stakeholder(s).
- Using the company’s contract management system, file all executed contracts and identify and track various contractual terms and proactively share and communicate requirements to internal teams, especially related to upcoming renewals or termination dates, to ensure contractual obligations are met by internal teams.
- Participate in the development, implementation and training of a variety of contract resources, including but not limited to processes, systems, reporting and tracking tools and represent the legal team in the development and implementation of cross-department projects and goals.
- An undergraduate degree; graduation from an ABA-approved paralegal education program a plus.
- 4+ years of relevant experience; experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech company or university setting strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated passion for contracts and contract workflow and management systems with basic knowledge of a wide range of contracts as well as strong computer skills.
- Demonstrated abilities to communicate complex contract issues effectively, and collaborate effectively with stakeholders, colleagues, and third parties.
- Strong computer skills, including fluency with Microsoft Office tools, e-signature tools, and demonstrated experience managing and maintaining a form of contract management systems.
- Excellent project management, prioritization, multi-tasking and negotiation skills. Project management includes facilitating and consolidating multiple sources of information into a comprehensive contract, inclusive of all stakeholder input.
- Ability to work independently.
At Eikon, employee compensation also includes bonus and equity compensation, in addition to several generous benefit programs, including:
- 401k plan with company matching
- Medical (premiums covered by Eikon at 95%), dental and vision insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%)
- Mental health and wellness benefits
- Weeklong summer and winter holiday shutdowns
- Generous paid time off and holiday policies
- Life/AD&D Insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%) and optional supplemental employee-paid life/AD&D policies
- Enhanced parental leave benefit
- Daily subsidized lunch program when on-site
The expected salary range for this role is $126,000 to $145,000 depending on skills, competency, and the market demand for your expertise.