We are Alloy Therapeutics—a biotechnology ecosystem company empowering the global scientific community to make better medicines together. Through a community of partners, we democratize access to pre-competitive tools, technologies, services, and company creation capabilities that are foundational for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. The company facilitates affordable, non-exclusive access to the entire drug discovery community from academic scientists, small and medium biotech, to the largest biopharma. At Alloy, we believe our industry should compete on getting the best drugs to patients as quickly as possible, not exclusive access to the best platforms. As a reflection of our relentless commitment to the scientific community, we reinvest 100% of its revenue in innovation and access to innovation. MAY THE BEST DRUG WIN is our motto and a reflection of our drive to support the global biotech ecosystem to create the best medicine possible.
Alloy is headquartered in Waltham, MA with additional labs in Cambridge, UK; Basel, CH; San Francisco, CA; and Athens, GA. Successful members thrive in our shared culture of accountability, deliberate trust, and open communication. As a team we aspire to work together to exceed expectations and collectively contribute across the global organization to always maintain our nimble, startup culture.
The Alloy Finance team is a 4-person group supporting Alloy’s strategic vision and our partners with our internal stakeholders, including R&D, Business Development, and our affiliated venture studio (82VS). The Finance team manages the financial planning and analysis process, investor relations, accounting, payroll, audit, cash management and the support of strategic deals and corporate development effort.
As the Senior Accountant, you will work closely with the rest of the Finance team, internal business partners as well as external partners and vendors in support of accounting, bookkeeping for venture portfolio companies, accounts receivable booking and collections, and financial analysis and reporting. This role requires strong accounting, excel and business partnering skills, ability to work independently and collectively as a team to drive results, attention to details and high accuracy. This role will report to the Controller.
How You’ll Drive Impact
- Drive: Drive revenue recognition, contract review and financial analysis. Lead the bookkeeping and reporting for all the portfolio companies at 82VS, Alloy’s affiliated venture studio. Drive the Alloy SmartTrack resource allocation system, organize data and generate insights to support decision-making.
- Manage: Manage Alloy’s financial records, ensure accuracy and compliance, and support various financial processes. Manage day-to-day financial transactions, including accounts payable and accounts receivable, ensuring timely and accurate recording and reconciliation of all financial data. Maintain accurate and up-to-date general ledger, including preparing journal entries and reconciliations. Stay updated with changes in accounting standards and regulations, and ensure compliance with GAAP and other applicable accounting principles.
- Support: Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes, including preparation of financial statements, variance analysis, and other financial reports. Assist in the preparation of financial reports for regulatory compliance, tax filings, and audits. Support payroll processing and maintain accurate payroll records. Support internal control processes and identify areas for improvement to ensure financial accuracy, efficiency, and compliance.
- Partner: Provide financial data and analysis to management and other internal partners to support decision-making.
Why We Value You
- You have a strong understanding of accounting principles and practices
- You have superior excel skills with a keen focus on details and accuracy
- You are a strong verbal and written communicator
- You are capable of working independently and in a team-oriented environment, and know when to ask for help
- You are a quick learner, and can adapt to the needs of a fast-paced and growing organization
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to balance multiple and/or changing priorities, and meet deadlines
- You maintain the highest degree of integrity, professionalism and maintenance of confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field.
- Ideally 2+ years of experience in accounting or finance, preferably in a biotech or life sciences
- CPA or progress towards CPA certification is preferred.
- Prior working experience with NetSuite preferred.
- Ability to work across various US and international time zones
- Accommodate occasional travel as needed (10%)
Taking Care of Our People
We support the individuality of what people need to do outside of work to empower them to do their best at work. While you focus on making better medicine together, we focus on programs and benefits that support a diverse and growing team. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Alloy offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits starting from day one.
- Competitive base and equity compensation
- 401(k) company match and financial planning
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off) and flexible schedules
Health & Family
- Generous personal and family medical, dental and vision benefits with 90% of premiums and deductibles covered
- Company-paid disability (STD, LTD) and life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Family planning support up to $50,000 (e.g. IVF/PGT, adoption, surrogacy, egg retrieval)
- Flexible work schedule built around our team-driven philosophy
- Annual stipend for continuing education with commitment to your career through individualized professional development plan
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) including resources for mental wellness
- International travel insurance
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Here at Alloy, we democratize capabilities for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Alloy is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
Alloy Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.