ACROBiosystems is a worldwide leader in developing and manufacturing recombinant proteins and critical reagents/assays to support drug development and clinical applications from target discovery and validation, candidate drug screening and optimization, CMC development, preclinical and clinical studies, commercial production, and companion diagnostics. We are committed to excellence in providing quality products and services and accelerating the process of therapeutic development.
Our mission is to accelerate the process of target therapeutic drug development. We aim to be a cornerstone of life science and healthcare companies. We value the fast growth in a global market over a challenging time by excelling through quality, performance, and innovation, empowering our employees with trust, value, and respect, embracing diversity, and encouraging cross-functional collaboration and continuous learning.
The Human Resource Generalist will actively support the achievement of overall company goals by assisting in developing and delivering strong HR processes and activities. Ensure accurate administration and documentation related to the full employee lifecycle. Deliver accurate HR data and assist in ensuring legally compliant first-line HR support while maintaining positive employee relations. Work with HR Manager to ensure employee satisfaction through education on HR policies and by promoting a positive work environment. An ideal candidate should be highly organized, detail-oriented, and most importantly, personable, and approachable with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Manages talent acquisition and recruitment processes, including applicant tracking, interviews, and reference checks for non-exempt positions.
- Oversees the administration of the company’s compensation and benefits plans, including renewals, benefit set-up, open enrollment, employee communication, COBRA, and invoice reconciliation.
- Administers the administration of FMLA, CFRA, ADA, and other leave programs including documentation and tracking.
- Conducts new hire onboarding and training.
- Assists the HR Manager with the development and implementation of human resource policies.
- Conduct exit interviews and implement proactive measures to improve retention.
- Manages and maintains all personnel files in compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Assists with annual audits including but not limited to compliance, 401(k), and medical.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment.
- Assist in conducting training and development.
- Participates in Health and Safety Programs and serves on the safety committee.
- Process multi-state correspondence and follow-up related to unemployment/disability.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Other projects or responsibilities may be required.
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Management, Business, or related field.
- At least 3 years of HR Generalist experience.
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- SPHR/PHR or other HR certification preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and Abilities
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ethical mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Outstanding relationship-building and employee coaching skills.
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies and employment-related laws and regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills, people-oriented, and results-driven.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Base Salary: $44,000 to $55,000 DOE plus bonus
Location: Newark, Delaware (Hybrid 2-3 days in office. Depending on business needs.)