We go where others won’t, taking on some of the biggest public health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and create a better, more secure world. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and enhance life.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of engineering capital projects and initiatives by organizing and controlling project elements, leading department/site improvement initiatives and for supporting ongoing operations/manufacturing as needed.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversight and execution of capital projects from inception to turnover to user groups.
- Design oversight and compliance with industry practices and guidelines.
- Management of capital projects using company procedures and industry best practices.
- Management and execution of multiple projects simultaneously including but not limited to planning, scheduling,conducting and coordinating the technical reviews.
- Provide leadership and management to projects and executing them to the agreed upon scope, schedule, budget and technical quality.
- Coordinate all technical activities on assigned projects. Responsible for having an awareness of and ability to recognize technical problems.
- Successful completion of assigned engineering projects.
- Preparation of design packages and specifications, RFPs, design review, vendor/contractor selection,constructability reviews, approval of submittals, and preparation and oversight of validation and regulatory submissions.
- Monitors project budgets and schedules for trends and compliance to budget.
- Prepares project engineering proposals and documents.
- Coordinates the review and checking of engineering deliverables.
- Coordinates the efforts of engineering support groups and external resources such as vendors, consultants and contractors.
- Conducts project meetings and effective communications with user group and project stake holders.
- Prepare detailed project cost estimates.
- Prepare engineering calculations and analysis related to process design and equipment selections.
- Define project scope and develop preliminary engineering drawings such as layouts, P&IDs and PFDs.
- Prepare monthly project status reports
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Bachelors of Science degree in an Engineering discipline
- Engineering degree in civil, mechanical, chemical, or electrical disciplines
- Training or exposure to project management
- 5 years’ experience in a process industry setting.
- 2 years of engineering experience required in an industrial setting as a discipline engineer.
- 2 years of project engineering experience required in an industrial setting.
- Detailed knowledge of facilities, systems, and infrastructure within an industrial setting.
- Strong oral, written, and listening communication skills.
- Must be able to provide clear direction while motivating teams.
- Must lead by example through strong work ethics and high standards.
- Desire to continue to promote personal development.
- Proficient with computer applications such as Microsoft Suite.
- Advanced training in engineering, business or project management
- Member of PMI, ISPE, ASME, or AICHE
- EIT, PE, CAPM, PMP or LEED certification
- Familiar with pharmaceutical industry guidelines such as ISPE Baseline Guides, ISO and ASME BPE
- Experience in a pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and consumer products process company or food industry.
- Experience in a federally regulated industry.
- Possess the ability to influence supporting departments.
- Able to receive constructive feedback and adapt to change within a dynamic environment.
- Be tenacious while maintaining integrity and selfawareness.
- Must be able to adapt to change viewing obstacles as opportunities.
- Knowledge of CAD software and equipment.
- Working knowledge of CSI divisions.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Familiarity with FDA regulations relating to biologic and drug products.
- Familiarity with FDA current Good Manufacturing Practices.
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.