HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Director, Contracts and Pricing Execution
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role the Director, Contract and Pricing Execution (CPE) is a key member of US Value and Access (USV&A) and will report to the Executive Director, Contracts and Pricing Execution. The Director, Contracts and Pricing Execution will lead and manage a large team that is responsible for interpreting and implementing complex commercial discount strategies that result in timely and accurate payment of discounts for Commercial-Provider contracting, GPO membership management and chargeback processing. The Director, CPE will serve as a business leader for our Revenue Management System, Model N for the Provider, Membership and Chargeback areas. This individual will also be responsible for providing strategic direction through the evolving landscape to ensure Amgens success in the Commercial Healthcare Market. This talented individual will also:
- Lead all aspects of the Provider, Membership and Chargeback operations area, including managing a large team of professionals to ensure high performance and achievement of departmental goals & objectives.
- Serve as a key member of the CPE leadership team providing overall strategic vision and direction, supporting ongoing team culture and professional development initiatives as well as providing leadership presence across USV&A.
- Provide strategic insights and positive relationships with Contract Development, Trade Development, Coverage and Pricing and others to assess and influence contract and discount design to ensure operational feasibility of such arrangements.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including IS, Contract Development, Coverage and Pricing, Trade Development, Accounting/Finance, Compliance, internal legal counsel, other cross-functional groups, and external partners and suppliers to ensure effective communication and collaboration in departmental activities.
- Maintain Amgens Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) control requirements and other compliance reporting and certification requirements, including working with internal and external auditors.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze complex data, identify trends and make data-driven decisions.
- Design and implement operational process improvements and change management activities including streamlining workflows, optimizing efficiencies, and improving processes to ensure accuracy, mitigating risk for payments of commercial discounts, chargebacks and membership alignment.
- Build, monitor and analyze key performance indicators identifying areas for improvement and implementing strategies to enhance and improve processes.
- Design comprehensive solutions to anticipate and address team and business partner needs based on organizational strategy and vision.
- Provide regular reports and updates to senior leadership on the deliverables and performance and effectiveness of the function.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a high perform team.
- Possess an agile mindset with the ability to adjust and change to quickly meet urgent business needs.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The detail oriented professional we seek is a collaborative leader with these qualifications.
Doctorate and 4 years of contracts, pricing, finance and/or analytics experience
Masters degree and 8 years of contracts, pricing, finance and/or analytics experience
Bachelors degree and 10 years of contracts, pricing, finance and/or analytics experience
4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment with emphasis in contract operations
- Financial background
- Proven experience in leading large teams and a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility and leadership experience,
- Strong executive presence, with the ability to effectively engage and influence senior leaders and cross functional collaborators, including proficiency summarizing and presenting data to leadership in a way that is easily understandable and actionable.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead multiple simultaneous, complex projects in a highly fluid, matrix environment.
- Authoritative command of complexity and ambiguity; ability to see the big picture; ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable executive decision-making.
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills to identify and develop solutions to complex problems from a strategic and operational perspective yielding benefits to the business.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively engage and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to lead a team by providing clear and concise expectations, set appropriate direction and have open development and feedback discussions.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $205,213.00 - $258,965.00.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.