About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Scientist II where you will to join a multi-disciplinary group that elucidates molecular and cellular mechanisms of action and evaluates efficacy of new drug candidates to treat Gastrointestinal and Inflammation diseases such as:
- Celiac Disease
- Liver Fibrosis
- Other Inflammation disorders
You will apply state-of-the art bioinformatics and computational approaches to generate and analyze multi-omic data to identify potential biomarkers for patient stratification and explore mechanisms of response or resistance to treatments in GI and inflammatory disorders, and play an important role in our mission to provide innovative therapies for gastrointestinal diseases.
As part of the Gastrointestinal & Inflammation Therapeutic Area Unit (GI-TAU) team, you will report to the Principal Scientist, GI-TAU Computational Biology, and engage with key stakeholders (including clinical development team, translational medicine biomarker team, research biologists,) to define and execute biomarker data analysis plan, contributing to multiple clinical stage projects, being the senior scientific consultant or as manager of a smaller, early stage matrix project team.
How you will contribute:
- Use high dimensional datasets including multi-omics datasets, from preclinical and clinical studies to identify and execute biomarker studies, patient stratification etc.
- Perform systems and multi-modal data integration to summarize data-driven or hypothesis-driven analyses to support mechanism of action, identification of molecular predictors, and achieve translational medicine goals.
- Prepare and present comprehensive technical reports and scientific reports for internal meetings in all settings and with participants of all levels of the organization, and for external audiences.
- Establish partnership with and maintain a collaborative, integrated role with project teams to influence the experimental design, assays needed, data generation, analysis, integration and interpretation. Participate in due diligences of external opportunities when needed.
- Independently design, develop, and execute clinical research assignments in collaboration with translational research scientists, contributing to multiple projects.
- PhD degree in Systems Biology, Bioinformatics or Computational Biology with 2+ years post-doctoral experience, or MS with 8+ years experience, or BS with 10+ years experience.
- Scientific understanding of computational biology, omics analysis and machine learning-driven biomarker discovery.
- Experience in computational method implementation and algorithm generation with the ability to evaluate/develop computational methods based on project needs.
- Background in multi-omics driven biomarker analysis.
- Develop in-silico data strategy and creative methods for integration of multi-omic and genome wide data.
- Experience with single cell and spatial transcriptomics or spatial high content imaging data.
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale omics and high-throughput data analysis, network analysis, and meta-analyses.
- Working knowledge of drug development including experience in a matrix team environment is required.
- Solid knowledge of Unix/Linux, command line interfaces, and fluency in some common scripting and/or programming language (R, python, etc) used for statistical and computational multi-omics analysis.
- Proficiency with classification and machine learning methods.
- Statistical analysis experience working knowledge of regression analysis, multivariate data analysis, and linear/nonlinear mixed effects modeling.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $130,200 to $186,000, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
San Diego, CAWorker Type