Location:San Diego, Ca
Position type:Full time
Job Title:Accounts Payable Specialist
Reports To:Accounts Payable Supervisor
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for day-to-day financial transactions within accounts payable, and various other transactional issues with a high level of detail orientation and accuracy. The Accounts Payable Specialist will support in the month-end closing activities, preparation of internal reports and annual financial statements in regard to the accounts payable functions.
The Accounts Payable Specialist must exercise discretion in executing essential functions and be able to work independently, timely and accurately in a SOX internal control environment, as well as following through on assignments and deadlines.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
- Help maintain accurate general ledger accounts by posting accounts payable transactions on a daily/weekly/monthly basis while matching vendor invoices to purchase orders, packing slips and other applicable supporting documents, and ensuring supporting documents are attached to the entry.
- Ability to analyze and process full-cycle accounts payable in a timely manner including, but not limited to, reconciling vendor statements, assisting with the dispute of inaccurate invoices, ensuring accurate GL Coding and UOM match, routing invoices for the appropriate approvals, resolving processing issues, preparing and executing payment runs, and payment batch reconciliation.
- Review, code and accrue CA sales tax where applicable.
- Obtain W-9s from all new vendors, reviewing for accuracy in ERP system, and prepare, reconcile, and file annual 1099’s.
- Maintain vendor files and banking information preferences and updates.
- Maintain frequent interaction with vendors and work with Purchasing on various vendor tasks to prevent order delays, and work with other departments acting as liaison with vendors in regard to general correspondence and inquiries.
- Investigate and resolve complex vendor / invoice issues and perform research as needed.
- Assist with the month-end close functions in accordance with the financial close schedule, including confirming vendor estimates for unbilled services and AP Accruals.
- Reconcile, analyze, and resolve monthly RNI (Received Not Invoiced) General Ledger account for unbilled received inventory/items and discrepancies.
- Maintain compliance with SOX internal controls applicable to job functions.
- Assist in the preparation of the financial information or documentation requested by the external independent auditors during the quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Assist/complete special projects and/or reports as requested by management.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years’ Full-cycle Accounts Payable experience required.
- Biotech experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication, organization, time management analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively, respectfully, and tactfully communicate both with vendors and various internal departments with a strong grasp of the English language, including proper grammar and verbiage, and track/follow up on requests in a timely manner.
- 10-key proficiency and high accuracy data entry.
- Has a wide and comprehensive understanding of the general and specific aspects, and technical phases, of the job and their practical application to complex problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and procedures.
- Acts as coach and teacher to other team members.
- Ability to work independently but seek out guidance and additional work.
- Proficiency in MS Excel (spreadsheet creation, formula manipulation, filters/sorting).
- Experience with D365, Great Plains and/or SAP Concur a plus.
- Detail oriented, organized, ability to problem-solve, positive attitude, excellent customer service, and strong work ethic.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work assigned with this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
This description is a guideline for major duties for this position. Avidity reserves the right to change or assign duties as needed.
- Hybrid – San Diego (Torrey Pines) approximately two days per week and remote
SALARY RANGE: $31-40/hr.