HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Undergrad Intern - Operations Program (Summer 2024)Live
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. This internship will be approximately 12 weeks that includes both project- based and experiential learning. In conjunction with the project work, you will have the opportunity for professional development through training sessions, one-on-one mentoring, and various networking events.
Operations is one of three foundational functions at Amgen with a mission to manufacture and deliver safe and effective medicine to patients around the world. Operations is divided into the following five sub- functions: Supply Chain, Process Development, Quality, Manufacturing, and Facilities & Engineering.
We are currently seeking highly motivated, hardworking individuals who will lead initiatives, strategic analysis and business case development on projects across the five Operations functions.
During this program, you will focus on making effective recommendations to the organizations senior leadership. Responsibilities include:
- Develop a project charter to map out objectives, identify key stakeholders, timelines, and deliverables
- Leveraging your analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills, you will work cross-functionally to identify the problem, measure the current state, develop recommendations through qualitative and quantitative analysis, and present the findings through various forums including an intern-wide poster session and a final readout to executive management
- Network with colleagues across the company and enjoy full access to Amgens Employee Resource Groups
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The passionate and driven individual we seek exemplifies the following qualifications:Basic Qualifications
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for an undergrad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelors Degree program from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Completion of one year of study from an accredited college or university prior to the internship commencing
- Enrolled in a full-time Bachelors degree program following the potential internship or co-op assignment with an accredited college or university
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship
- Junior standing with graduation in Summer 2025
- Degree concentration(s) in Engineering, Life Science, Chemistry / Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Applied Mathematics or Data Science, Finance or Supply Chain
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- VBA for Excel and SQL knowledge
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, project management, problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills
- Demonstrated personal initiative, self-motivation, flexibility and adaptability
- Proven leadership experience on campus (e.g., projects, clubs, organizations, sports)
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
The base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $24.70 - $28.30.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internship/co-op that defies imagination
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Please search for Keyword R-173594
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.