HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Undergrad Intern U.S. Value & Access | Contracting, Analytics, Pricing, and ExecutionLive
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. During this program, you will During this program, you will have the opportunity to partner with Amgens US Value and Access leaders and experience our mission-driven culture firsthand.
Each summer intern will be placed on a team and assigned a meaningful project thats tied directly to our strategic and tactical goals. These projects give interns the opportunity to engage with subject matter experts and business units to support the development and execution of pricing, reimbursement, and contracting strategy to achieve and maintain payer coverage and provider adoption goals. The Intern will conduct qualitative and quantitative pricing/contracting analyses to support pricing decisions. This will ensure that the intern will build a strong foundation in U.S. Value and Access organization and gain valuable experience in the biotechnology industry. Throughout the summer, each intern will benefit from the support and guidance of their manager, assigned mentor, teammates, fellow interns, recruiting team members, and the greater Amgen community. Upon successful completion of the summer experience, interns will be evaluated for a full-time position post-graduation.
This role interacts cross functionally with Value Marketing, Patient Access, Ecosystems & Insights, Sales, Brand Marketing, Government Affairs, Trade & Distribution, Business Unit Leadership, Finance, Accounting, and Legal. This role will provide a strong foundation in the U.S. healthcare market and is a good avenue to many future commercial healthcare roles.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Develop financial, technical and analytical skills as you work on a meaningful project which includes meaningful insights and recommendations for the business
- Support strategic planning and forecast for multiple products within a Business Unit
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, including regular touchpoints with manager and teammates
- Attend weekly lunch and learn sessions with Amgen executives and engage personally with leadership
- Collaborate with fellow interns in a week-long multidisciplinary case study competition that will expose you to various aspects of our business including operations, sales and marketing, and forecasting
- Network with colleagues across the company, including full access to Amgens Employee Resource Groups and an on-site visit to Amgens headquarters in Thousand Oaks
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional individual we seek is highly analytical with these qualifications:Basic Qualifications
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for an undergrad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelors Degree program from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Completion of one year of study from an accredited college or university prior to the internship commencing
- Enrolled in a full-time Bachelors degree program following the potential internship or co-op assignment with an accredited college or university
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship
- Graduation in either December 2024 or Summer 2025
- Major or Concentration in Economics, Business Administration, Biotechnology Management, Statistics, Accounting or Finance
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of basic financial analytical principles
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong team mentality and ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues on complex assignments
- Prior work experience in biotechnology, pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
The base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $21.00 - $28.30.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internship/co-op that defies imagination
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join us.
careers.amgen.com Please search for Keyword R-173622
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.