Associate Director, HCP Promo - HIV Treatment Marketing
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Gilead's mission is to discover, develop, and deliver therapies that will improve the lives of patients with life-threatening illnesses worldwide. As an Associate Director, HCP Promo - HIV Treatment Marketing
you are responsible for the development of the HCP Marketing materials and will report directly to the Senior Director, HIV Treatment, HCP Personal Promotion Marketing.
- Develops and leads key elements of the HIV Treatment strategic and tactical plan to the HCP audience, including optimization of personal promotion execution, field teams' Plan of Action, product strategy and messaging
- Utilize multiple sources of information (e.g., primary, and secondary market research, advisory boards, competitive intelligence, field force, etc.) to uncover insights relevant to the development of brand strategy and tactical plans
- Ensures the HCP personal promotion strategy and tactics align with the HIV Treatment POA by engaging external agencies and collaborating with internal brand and cross-functional partners such as Training, Marketing Sciences, Sales Analytics
- Manages key vendor and consultant relationships
- Establish key performance indicators, regularly tracking and measuring the success of initiatives and tactics
- Provides strategic and tactical input on cross-functional planning teams
- Works cross-functionally with Sales, Training, Legal, Regulatory, Medical, Market Research, and other key internal stakeholders
- Ensures that all marketing activities comply with regulatory and legal requirements
- Manages associated marketing budget and project timelines
- Develops and leads key elements of the HCP Treatment personal promotion brand strategy aligned to the brand campaign
- Develops HCP personal promotions tactics for HIV Treatment field sales team
- Effectively coordinates across multiple agency partners in the production of field tactics within timelines and on budget
- Gains approval for marketing materials through internal review process including management reviews and Med-Legal-Reg. Secures final production
- 10-15% travel required
Bachelor's Degree and Ten Years' Experience
Masters' Degree and Eight Years' Experience
PhD and Two Years' ExperiencePreferred Qualifications:
People Leader AccountabilitiesCreate Inclusion - knowing the business value of diverse teams, modelling inclusion and embedding the value of diversity in the way they manage their teams.
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience
- Track record of successful pharmaceutical/biotech marketing
- Proven ability to leverage market insights from multiple data sources, including market research, advisory boards and field force input to uncover needs and develop opportunities
- Experience in strategic brand development and in leading brand plans for category leading products
- Experience with marketing strategy, sales and regulatory policies and practices
- Ability to conceive, develop and implement multi-dimensional marketing and business plans
- Proven ability in the execution of multiple/complex initiatives within the marketing mix which require tactful cross-functional execution
- Field sales experience preferred
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills and ability to communicate to a variety of groups and audiences efficiently and productively.
Develop Talent - understand the skills, experience, aspirations and potential of their employees and coach them on current performance and future potential. They ensure employees are receiving the feedback and insight needed to grow, develop and realize their purpose.
Empower Teams - connect the team to the organization by aligning goals, purpose, organizational objectives and holding to account. They provide the support needed to remove barriers and connect their team to the broader ecosystem.
The salary range for this position is: $185,895.00 - $240,570.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit:
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.