Sr. IT Engineering Manager, Research
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionJob Summary:
The Sr. IT Engineering Manager, Research
will be responsible for leading Research IT initiatives around LIMS, Workflow, and transactional data capture systems in support of Structural and Medicinal Chemistry, Protein Therapeutics and Clinical Virology.
This is a critical role responsible for executing on highest value requests, providing technical leadership, and looking for modern, user-friendly, and secure ways of solving business problems leveraging technology. The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical background in a hybrid GxP environment, encompassing both on-premises and AWS infrastructure, as well as a solid understanding of Research needs within the BioPharma industry.Functional Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with Research capability leads product owners and managers to understand functional and feature requirements
- Translate functional requirements to design and review with domain and enterprise architects as part of architecture review
- Partner with vendors and Managed Service Providers (MSPs) to execute on delivery
- Partner with cross functional IT security and infrastructure teams to support enterprise initiatives
- Serve as System Manager for operational systems ensuring operational security and GxP compliance KPIs are consistently met
- Enable, participate in, and lead code reviews to ensure code quality and adherence to standards
- Create and enable standards in collaboration with Enterprise Architects for new technologies
- Test new technologies and fit for Research and stay up to date on industry trends
- Train and mentor junior colleagues to foster their professional growth
- Serve as a point of escalation for major incidents and root cause analysis
- 12+ years' experience with High School Diploma, 10+ years' experience with AA, 8+ years' experience with BS/BA, 6+ years' experience with MS/MA/MBA
- Computer Science or related discipline is preferred
- Experience with IT integrations and cloud transformations
- Experience managing CI/CD and DevSecOps for .NET and Python workloads on AWS
- Significant experience providing IT engineering services to support medium to complex Research needs, including design, development, testing and technical documentation
- Significant experience managing technical delivery through vendor and MSP resources
- Significant experience managing Security and GxP KPIs
- Excellent interpersonal and partnering skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to work in a fast-moving environment with multiple priorities
- Proven ability to stay hands-on technically and manage team and delegation seamlessly
The salary range for this position is: $138,890.00 - $179,740.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.