IT Security Lead, Incident Response & Investigations
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
The Security Incident Response & Investigations role is responsible for providing experienced, hands-on capability with IT Security Incidents and Investigations. This role is part of the Security Operations Center (SOC) team in Raleigh NC. Responsibilities include providing incident response escalation and incident management, conducting security investigations, and collaborating with SOC team and IT Security on operational initiatives. The individual in this role will be part of the IT Security and Compliance team within Information Technology and work with Security, Infrastructure and Application services team to manage and remediate security threats and incidents. ABOUT GILEAD IT SECURITY:
Gilead Sciences IT Security is a global organization with Operations, Engineering and GRC divisions which operate in a highly active posture to protect our various business units and ensure uninterrupted delivery of therapies to our patient community. The SOC is part of our Security Operations division and is based in Mid Town Raleigh NC. We are a hybrid workforce with a focus on in person core collaboration days and optional remote days. Our Global SOC team is growing rapidly and there are many opportunities for engagement in various area of security.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Extensive security experience to detect, assess, investigate, remediate and recover from security issues.
- Experience as Security incident manager, leading a SOC team in investigating and managing cyber incidents
- Respond and act on security events - On-call availability outside business hours.
- Lead analysts during technical investigations to reconstruct the chain of events that resulted in a cyber security incident and conduct log analysis when needed
- Analyze customer's situation in context to detect advanced threats.
- Alerts analysis
- Investigate Incidents
- Analyze Malware
- Recommend corrective actions to the customer.
- Tell the story of cyber security incidents via detailed reports and presentations
- Learn from investigated cases and update toolsets to improve automated detection methods
- Minimum 10 years of IT experience with progressive responsibilities, and with at least 5 years of Cyber Security protection experience.
- Security professional with a proven incident management and incident handling experience within the SOC environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt information delivery based on the target audience.
- Ability to provide expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and other technical specialists on critical information technology security issues.
- Recommends and coordinates the application of fixes, patches, & recovery procedures in the event of a security breach.
- Experience with security tools and platforms including SIEM, IPS/IDS, SecOps, Endpoint and Server protection, Network protection, Firewalls, etc.
- Extensive experience in Cyber threat and vulnerability analysis and remediation.
- Forensic examination and data preservation.
- Experience doing internal and external penetration testing i.e. white hat hacking.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly visible, changing environment.
- Very strong security awareness and knowledge.
- Strong understanding of key infrastructure systems (AD, Linux, Databases, Virtual Environment).
- Leads, performs or reviews security incident investigations.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple topics and demands concurrently.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION:
- Prior working experience in a Pharmaceutical company is a big plus.
- Highly organized, results-oriented and attentive to details.
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive - requires little supervisory attention.
- High level of personal integrity consistent with company's core values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in management information systems, computer science, engineering or other IT-related major is desired, or 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Information Security Certification (GCIH, CISSP, CEH, etc.) or other related security certification is highly desired.
- Microsoft, Linux, Unix, and Cisco certifications would be an asset
The salary range for this position is: $138,890.00 - $179,740.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.