Pushing the frontier of solid cancer therapy, Neogene Therapeutics is a global, clinical stage biotechnology company built on the premise of innovation and novel paradigm-changing science. Using tumor mutation profiles to engineer fully individualized T cell therapies, Neogene is bringing new hope to address the current limitations of treatments available today.
We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic biotech with locations in Amsterdam, Netherlands and in Santa Monica, CA. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell therapies.
Neogene values pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance, and a daring mindset. If you share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide an exciting opportunity for your career.
The Senior Research Associate is responsible for supporting Neogene’s efforts in developing TCR-based immunotherapies for solid tumors. Under minimal supervision, you will be expected to perform experiments, organize and analyze results, and communicate and present findings in team meetings as well as provide support during regulatory filings. You will also be asked to perform other duties as required. This role will be a hands-on based in Santa Monica, CA and reporting into a Principal Scientist.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Execute cell-based functional assays to select and characterize candidate molecules for clinical development.
- Execute in vitro assays and mouse models to address basic efficacy and safety aspects of the selected candidate molecules.
- Maintain, bank, characterize, and engineer cell lines using viral and non-viral techniques to support in vitro and in vivo assays.
- Document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
- Analyze, organize, and communicate results at team meetings.
- Provide support in writing and reviewing reports and/or data verification during regulatory filings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Background in immunology and/or immunotherapy is strongly preferred. Prior experience in working with engineered T-cells is desired.
- Proficient in cell culture aseptic techniques.
- Hands-on expertise in maintaining multiple human cell lines.
- Hands-on experience with characterization techniques such as genomic DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, ddPCR, or dPCR.
- Practical experience with T-cell functional characterization assays including in vitro cytotoxicity, proliferation, and cytokine/chemokine measurements is desired.
- Ability to prepare, acquire, and analyze samples for multi-parameter flow cytometric studies.
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Self-motivated and comfortable in a fast-paced company environment with minimal direction.
- Willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 – 5 years of experience, or Master’s degree in related scientific discipline plus 3+ years of experience.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in Santa Monica, CA is $70,000 to $82,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc.
Note: At this time, Neogene is not sponsoring VISAs
Neogene Therapeutics requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
Headline: We embrace our individual differences.
"Our mission is to build a workforce reflective of our communities to be receptive to patients' broad and unique perspectives, enabling us to empathize with their needs. Together, we strive to uphold a value system that promotes:
- Opportunities for continuous learning to drive behavioral change and to be respectful of other points of view
- A collaborative culture that leverages the diverse perspectives of employees and supports courage
- Zero tolerance for discrimination
We are committed to an emotionally and psychologically safe workplace that trusts employees to boldly explore innovative solutions. We recognize that intentionally embracing diversity at Neogene, empowers us to better relate to patients, and advance our mission to deliver cures where none exist.”