Pushing the frontier of solid cancer therapy, Neogene Therapeutics is a global, clinical stage biotechnology company built on the premise of innovation and novel paradigm-changing science. Using tumor mutation profiles to engineer fully individualized T cell therapies, Neogene is bringing new hope to address the current limitations of treatments available today.
We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic biotech with locations in Amsterdam, Netherlands and in Santa Monica, CA. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell therapies.
Neogene values pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance, and a daring mindset. If you share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide an exciting opportunity for your career.
The candidate is passionate about ensuring the safety and security of our employees and visitors at our locations in Santa Monica and the Netherlands. This position reports to the Vice President Head of Manufacturing and Facilities with responsibility to define, establish, administrate, and oversee Safety, Health, Environment (SHE) and Sustainability Programs for Neogene.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
In compliance with all state and local requirements, create a safety culture where potential safety hazards are identified/shared and effective actions are implemented.
Provide leadership and guidance to site SHE committees and security teams with clear goals and expectations to meet company objectives.
Develop, implement, and oversee all activities related to the management of Safety Health and the Environment (SHE) including programs for:
- Environmental and occupational health and safety functions.
- Emergency preparedness and resiliency plan and actions.
- Security and access system and processes and contract oversight.
- SHE training program development and deployment for manufacturing, laboratory, and administrative operations.
- Sustainability initiatives/governance to achieve company goals.
Provide expertise and guidance in interpreting governmental regulations, agency guidelines, and internal policies to ensure compliance.
Act as lead representative in matters of insurance/risk assessment and as a liaison to various governmental agencies, regulators and external auditors.
Alert senior management of legislative changes and develop appropriate strategy to address new requirements or risks.
Represent SHE and Sustainability in an external facing capacity with partner organizations or vendors as needed.
- Will manage contractors and other vendors and lead the SHE and Sustainability Committees.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Experience in interpreting and applying regulations.
- Ability to conduct environmental, health, and safety related risk assessment, mitigation, and crisis management.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to cultivate strong and collaborative relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to facilitate problem solving, decision making, and issue resolution.
- Skilled in prioritizing work based upon changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledgeable with cGxP operations preferred.
Education and Experience
- Ten (10) plus years' experience working in developing and managing SHE programs with relevant operating facility based experience.
- Knowledge of best practices in the industry related to SHE management systems, programs and work instructions.
- Technical competency in developing relevant and site SHE programs.
- Ability to work with others considering differences in cultures and work practices.
- Experience interacting with federal, state, and local governmental organizations and business associations.
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing facilities and associated SHE management systems.
- Demonstrated history of effectively coordinating conflicting priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to influence site leadership and peer on initiatives and objectives.
- Advanced knowledge of business management of relevant SHE technical field or possess active professional certification and expertise.
- Up to 10% travel required.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in Santa Monica, CA is $170,000 to $230,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc.
Note: At this time, Neogene is not sponsoring VISAs
At Neogene we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Neogene is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Headline: We embrace our individual differences.
"Our mission is to build a workforce reflective of our communities to be receptive to patients' broad and unique perspectives, enabling us to empathize with their needs. Together, we strive to uphold a value system that promotes:
- Opportunities for continuous learning to drive behavioral change and to be respectful of other points of view
- A collaborative culture that leverages the diverse perspectives of employees and supports courage
- Zero tolerance for discrimination
We are committed to an emotionally and psychologically safe workplace that trusts employees to boldly explore innovative solutions. We recognize that intentionally embracing diversity at Neogene, empowers us to better relate to patients, and advance our mission to deliver cures where none exist.”