AbbVie Precision Medicine Pathology is committed to driving tissue based translational and biomarker efforts for our pre-clinical and clinical stage programs. We are seeking a highly motivated computational scientist with expertise in statistical analysis and machine learning to join the computational pathology group. They should enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly interactive environment.
In this role, you will be supporting the computational pathology team in hypothesis testing, statistical analysis, data visualization and building AI models. You will have a unique chance to develop cutting edge infrastructure and automation tools for digital pathology workflows.
• Assist digital pathology scientists with hypothesis testing and statistical analysis of high dimensional data. Create visualizations that help understand and interpret the complex high dimensional data.
• Work closely with scientists and collaborators to develop AI models for complex computational pathology tasks. Select data for training/testing of the AI models and evaluate performance of the models.
• Assist in architecting, developing, and validating digital pathology infrastructure solutions for large file management and seamless data flow.
• Lead data management and tracking activities such as receiving images and metadata from different sources, quality check, organization, and reconciliation activities.
• Lead workflow optimization and automation efforts.
• Effectively communicate and present learnings to a diverse audience. Train fellow scientists on the new digital pathology and workflow automation tools and write SOPs.
- Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, bioinformatics, mathematics, physics or equivalent education with typically a BS and 0-3+ years of experience or MS and 0+ years of experience.
- Strong python scripting experience in writing clean and scalable code is a must. Experience with python packages such as pandas and numpy along with python statistical packages such scipy or R is required.
- Experience with data visualization software such as JMP, PRISM; data visualization python packages such as seaborn, matplotlib, etc. is required.
- Understanding of statistical significance tests is a must. Experience with basic machine learning algorithms (logistic regression, random forests, regression, SVM etc.) and python packages (scikit-learn) and/or R is preferred. Understanding of dimensionality reduction algorithms such as PCA, LCA, SVD, UMAP, t-SNE, etc. is a nice to have.
- Experience with digital pathology image analysis software such as Halo, Visiopharm, QuPath etc. is a nice to have.
- Experience with AWS - S3 buckets, EC2 instances and other high computing platforms is a nice to have.
- A suitable candidate should be able to work independently within a team setting, pay attention to detail, should demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, should be comfortable with shifting priorities, flexible, collaborative and positive.
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.