Regeneron is seeking a highly motivated Vivarium Operations Associate to assist in space allocation and management for a growing vivarium with multiple departments. Coordinates internal and external animal transfers while providing support to a wide range of animal users. Records and analyzes data pertaining to the above activities with effective communication of results.
A typical day in this role looks like:
- Coordinates internal and external/vendor animal transfers.
- Serves as a point of contact between Animal Production group and animal users for all vivarium spacing
- Database management to support transfer activities
- Manages, coordinates and schedules space assignments and rack allocations
- Validates, reconciles and maintains transfer data
- Assist with space management and re-organization
- Develop SOPs with a focus on process optimization, preparing for growth
- Responsible for overall management of conventional housing space usage.
- Research and resolve discrepancies in data records
- Data collection and analysis
- Help evaluate processes and workflows, with a focus on improving efficiency
- General vivarium support and coordination
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with TFA investigators and vivarium colleagues
- Perform duties according to written protocols and company established SOPs.
- Exercise independent judgment to solve problems, edit and create documents, involved in establishing new processes.
- Obtain assistance or report problems to manager or senior personnel.
This role may be for you if you have:
- Experience in laboratory animal science or related field
- Basic rodent handling skills
- Ability to learn and use internal data management systems
- Hardworking, highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Flexible and able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Excellent record keeping and experience in data analysis
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work against deadlines
- Capable of resolving issues and process improvement
- Ability to work independently and to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated innovation, creativity and resilience in problem solving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated teammate with the ability to thrive in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary, matrixed environment
- Can demonstrates a sense of urgency
In order to be considered qualified for this role, a minimum of A.A. degree with some biology course work or a minimum of 2 years experience working with laboratory animals preferred.
- Ability to work under environmental conditions that require the use of safety equipment.
- Ability to lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects and materials weighing up to 50 lbs.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$59,300.00 - $92,700.00