GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
GRAIL is seeking a Senior Research Associate for the R&D assay development team to contribute to the development, optimization and verification of assays for early cancer detection. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and execution of experiments and data analysis with the guidance of senior scientists. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, strong team player with experience in nucleic acid assay development, next generation sequencing and data analysis. Experience working on regulated products and under design control is important. The successful candidate will enjoy working in the lab and writing study protocols and reports, and have a desire to learn about developing products in a regulated environment.You will:
Your qualifications and background will include:
- Develop experiment plans to support study objectives
- Write formal protocols and reports for product design history files for regulated products
- Successfully execute test sample preparation and analytical validation experiments to generate high quality data.
- Ability to follow written protocols exactly is required for this position.
- Document experimental details and results and perform preliminary data analysis
- Present data in technical meetings.
- Ensure laboratory activities are performed in compliance with best practices for assay and instrument operation, safety, and result documentation
- B.S. and 5 years of industry of equivalent work experience or M.S. degree plus 2 years of industry of equivalent work experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or relevant disciplines
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Illumina NGS workflows
- Experience developing and writing formal study verification protocols
- Proficient with molecular biology laboratory techniques
- Experience with laboratory automation, such as Hamilton robots, is preferred
- Understanding with statistical programming and software (e.g., R, JMP, Python)
- Attention to detail, safety, good laboratory practice, and good documentation practice
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and willingness to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Tolerance for change and willingness to find solutions to challenges
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $99,000 - $124,000
Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.