About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, our Finance and Operations team is the engine that elevates holistic commercialization of our products. The Finance and Operations team works closely with the business across the organization to guide enterprise wide resource allocations, investment choices, drive core operations and develop insights to drive growth and operational excellence across the value chain while innovating for future capabilities. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, provide commercial operations, insights & analytics, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
The Manager, Patient Data Governance is responsible for the compliant utilization of patient data assets (Secondary Claims and other patient data streams) across the Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI) organization. The Manager is responsible for continuing the evolution of our Patient Data Governance program and for leading patient data compliance training efforts. The Manager is also responsible for managing NNI patient data governance documentation, standards, and procedures.
The Manager, Patient Data Governance reports to the Director, Analytics & Data Governance. The Manager partners with other Commercial Insights & Analytics team members, Privacy, Legal, IT and others to manage patient data assets and compliantly leverage to further the patient experience with Novo Nordisk. Externally, this role interacts with various third-party vendors and data providers.
- Drive continued evolution of NNI patient data governance, including the ongoing management and development of policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Drive and manage the patient data definitions and business rule processes
- Assist in management of patient data governance consulting partners
- Partner with Legal, Information Governance, Privacy, and IT in ensuring all internal patient data governance policies and procedures are aligned
- Manage development of patient data metrics
- Resolve data conflicts between business and IT stakeholders, communicate resolutions to involved stakeholders
- Partner with IT to drive enhancements and improvements to backend processes related to patient data analytics and data, to ensure optimal performance
- Provide guidance and oversight of appropriate use of patient data throughout NNI
- Deliver insights and makes recommendations to guide patient data related decisions
- Provide organizational training on appropriate use of patient data assets
- Manage tracking and communication of data violations to appropriate third-parties, lead remediation efforts
- Drive data use cases through the appropriate policies and procedures up through analytical use of patient data, ensure data is prepared
- Lead patient data governance working group meetings, identifying key activities occurring throughout organization and driving to completion
- Drive development and integration of relevant patient data information, including data cataloging tools, metadata management tools, as aligned to data strategy
- Ensure documentation of patient data assets, data integration. tools, processes, and procedures
- Provide patient data utilization and integration support to Insights & Analytics team members
- Manage patient data metric definition and calculations for assets maintained in the Data Warehouse
- Deliver insights and provide recommendations to guide strategic patient data investment decisions
- Provide communication on key patient data changes
- Provide patient data validation / QC support for analytics projects and deliverables
- Provide input on patient data de-identification processes and use cases, drive POC of compliant use of patient data to support organizational objectives
0-10% overnight travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Business Administration, or related field is required, with at least 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry specific to patient data or commercial data preferred
- Experience with pharmaceutical data, specifically LAAD (Longitudinal Access and Adjudicated Data), deidentified claims and non-personal promotion data preferred
- Experience with BI tools, including Tableau, Qlik, Power BI preferred
- Experience with patient data de-identification, patient data analytics and policy development preferred
- Project management experience desired.
- Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably
- Excellent administrative, organizational, project management and analytical (large data sets) skills
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills and ability to work with all levels within organization
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.