At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
We are seeking an ambitious post-doctoral scientist with strong research and communication skills to contribute to high visible research projects. Your work will contribute to the development of immunology discovery research. In this role, you will:
- Support immunology research project advancing the understanding of the role of B cell in IBD
- Work in close collaboration with immunology research, in vivo pharmacology and bioinformatics groups
- Perform phenotypic and functional characterization of B cells in IBD mouse models using scRNA-seq, multidimensional FACS, confocal microscopy and/or CODEX, in vitro functional assays and other techniques
- Report to a PhD senior scientist in the immunology group located in Lilly San Diego, CA
The successful candidate will need to be capable of working independently to craft the experiments, troubleshoot and drive the next steps of the project with the goal to deliver data leading to the writing and submission of a scientific manuscript for publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
Are you looking to make a significant difference by contributing to immunology research? Apply today to join the Lilly team!Basic Qualifications
- PhD in immunology or life science related field
- Experience with immunology research, B cell immunology or IBD is highly preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of mouse models of IBD and experience with animal handling
- Experience with multidimensional flow cytometry
- Experience with confocal microscopy and/or CODEX
- Experience with scRNA-seq data acquisition and analysis
This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of two years with potential to extend to 3 years and for maximum of up to 4 years. You will have opportunities to apply for full time positions after your duration is complete.About Eli Lilly’s Postdoctoral Scientist Program
Over the course of our history, we have shed light on some of the toughest health care problems known to man – diabetes, heart disease, infectious diseases, neuroscience disorders, cancer and more. We could not pursue this without our research and development team.
Postdoctoral scientists help us continue this pursuit. During your experience you will get:
- Top industry research experience
- Mentoring by some of Lilly’s top scientists
- Laboratory and classroom training and education to further your development
- Collaboration and networking across dozens of postdoctoral scientists and other researchers
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.