GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The Senior Analyst, FP&A is a key contributor in the Finance organization who supports GRAIL’s Annual Planning process and helps transform strategy and vision into financial plans. This role reports to the Director, FP&A and will be a trusted business partner to GRAIL’s R&D and Software leaders and budget owners. This role will own the expenses and cash budget and forecast across the R&D and Software functions, and support investment decision making through business case analysis to ensure continued success of these functions.
This is a highly visible role working with senior leaders in the R&D and Software organizations. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and experience in Financial Planning and Analysis, with an understanding of how to distill complex Research and Development projects into business case proposals, how a project progresses through the product development lifecycle, and how Software development aligns to and supports company initiatives.You will:
Your background should include:
- Drive the monthly, quarterly and annual budgeting and forecasting process for the R&D & Software functions, providing insights into investment activity and budget variances
- Understand the potential impact of early Research projects on current and future products, building business cases to support their funding
- Understand GRAIL’s production and research BOMs, external collaborations and contract research
- Understand the product development lifecycle and their resourcing requirements to support portfolio trade off analyses
- Understand GRAIL’s SaaS environment and cloud infrastructure to partner with Software and IT to drive efficiencies in our software stack
- Build financial models to support resource and capital expenditure decision-making, including capacity analyses, cash flow projections and investment planning
- Act as a primary conduit between Corporate FP&A and R&D & Software leadership to ensure planned and actual spend aligns with company goals and objectives
- Prepare executive presentations for budget, forecast, and business case analysis
- 6+ years’ experience in Finance or Business Analysis
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting or Business related
- Experience in Diagnostic or Life Science industries
- Experience supporting technical functions including early Research & Software
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment.
- Proven analytical and project management skills
- Logical and critical thinking skill
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $99K- $124K . Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.