ATCC is seeking a full time direct hire Scientist to work onsite at ATCC in Gaithersburg, MD. This Immune-oncology Scientist will be responsible for multiple critical R&D projects and assist in management of the cell biology immune-oncology program. This person will work within a multi-functional team to execute new product development lab work, generate scientific data supporting product commercialization and represent ATCC at scientific meetings.
The Scientist is responsible for research and development programs to create products for life science research and other activities in academic, government, biotech, and pharmaceutical institutions. The Scientist initiates, executes and directs assigned scientific research and troubleshoots research activities identifying and resolving problems of moderate scope.
The Scientist gathers and uses research and evidence to make hypotheses, runs tests, and gains and shares understanding and knowledge. They will work with interdepartmental cross-functional teams as needed on new product development, services, or informatics projects. They provide training and mentorship to biologists and peers for technologies and collaborative projects. The Scientist will use professional concepts and organizational policy and procedure to solve complex problems independently in imaginative and practical ways.
- Design studies and conduct experimental research and investigations to explore and support scientific discovery and development.
- Initiate, direct, and execute assigned scientific research and/or development strategies in research and/or development.
- Investigate the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions, products, and problems.
- Plan and execute laboratory research and carry out routine tasks. Troubleshoot technical problems, data analysis and test methods, and document corrective action.
- Record, analyze and interpret study data.
- Develop research documentation, such as protocols, reports, presentations, publications, manuscripts, and/or summaries. Translate validated experimental protocols and processes into quality managed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), reports and analytical work plans.
- Disseminate research findings to internal and external audiences.
- Support development or review of external grant and contract proposals or for internal research and development projects.
- Support technology transfer of methods, processes, and products across business units.
- Ensure the quality standards and scientific integrity in research activities are maintained. Remain knowledgeable of current and relevant scientific and technological developments, instrumentation, equipment, and methodologies.
Education and Experience:
- PhD in Scientific Discipline or Engineering Equivalent and 2-5 years' experience or equivalent experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Founded in 1925, ATCC is a non-profit organization with a mission to acquire, authenticate, preserve, develop, standardize, and distribute biological materials and information for the advancement and application of scientific knowledge.
ATCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.