Research Associate (CONTRACT)
: Senior Manager
: Research - Vector Core
: Richmond, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo
genome editing, and in vivo
genome regulation. Using its deep scientific expertise and proprietary zinc finger genome engineering technology, Sangamo is working to create genomic cures for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases for which today's medicines can only treat symptoms. At Sangamo, we are passionate about transforming lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo
genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let's build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking a talented temporary Research Associate to fill an open position in our Vector Core Production Group. Tasks would include viral vector production using mammalian tissue culture cells and vector purification by ultracentrifugation or column chromatography. Maintenance of our production and inventory database is also required. Analysis of the viral vectors by qPCR and gels may also be performed. The position requires adaptability, excellent planning and communication skills as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintenance of tissue culture cell lines
- Transfection or infection of cell lines to produce adeno-associated virus (AAV)
- Purification of viral vectors by ultracentrifugation or column chromatography
- Preparation of media and buffers
- Analysis of viral vectors by molecular techniques
- Database entry and maintenance of Excel and Access databases
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- B.S. or higher in biology, virology, biochemistry, process engineering or related field
- 1+ years of experience in an academic research laboratory or biotechnology company
- Hands on expertise in mammalian tissue culture
- Experience with viral production and purification preferred, but not required
- Ability to maintain databases in Excel and Access
- Ability to prepare and follow SOPs
- Skilled in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Must be able to work as part of a team
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
- Experience in molecular biology and protein analysis
- Experience with column chromatography
- Familiarity with QA/QC procedures
Sangamo is committed to fostering belonging for all employees and embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion in recruiting and hiring. All qualified applicants for employment are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to an individual's race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Commitment to Safety
Sangamo requires all U.S. workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Sangamo, and it applies regardless of location or classification of role. If you are unable to receive the vaccine, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable laws.
The anticipated salary range is for candidates who will work in our Brisbane or Point Richmond, CA offices. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience with the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc.. This salary range may not apply to remote positions that work in other states.
Note to External Recruiters
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves. If you wish to be considered for the presentation of candidates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reach out to you directly if there is a business need for your services.