On a mission to bring new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently
Founded in 2016, TrialSpark is a tech-driven Pharma company differentiated by radically more efficient drug development. TrialSpark has built a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of clinical drug development, enabling more efficient trial design, faster trial completion, and higher quality trial data.
The company acquires clinical-stage drugs from pharmaceutical and biotech companies and develops them faster, unlocking greater value per program and accelerating access to new treatments for patients. TrialSpark's current therapeutic areas of focus include rheumatology, dermatology, CNS, and cardiometabolic diseases.
About the Position
The Director of Product Design will be accountable for design strategy, discovery, and execution for the products we are building to support the entirety of a clinical trial journey – from patient recruitment to submitting clinical data to a regulatory authority.
A Design leader at TrialSpark is expected to operate along three dimensions to support business outcomes:
- Lead the Design team in delivering high-impact, high-quality products
- Develop and mentor Product Designers (and occasionally provide input to content and marketing design)
- Foster a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement among the Design team and its core partners (Product Management and Engineering, as well as scientific, medical, data, and operational stakeholders)
- Collaborate closely with Product Management to define vision, strategy, and roadmaps
- Drive the execution of the roadmap by working closely with cross-functional teams
- Ensure that our Product priorities reflect holistic and deep understanding of user needs and workflows
- Proactively identify usability and scoping risks to ensure Product success
- Drive effective generative/evaluative research to understand problem landscapes and identify and vet potential solutions
- Shape interactions, processes, and artifacts that validate assumptions and build alignment with partners and stakeholders
- Develop and implement best practices for Design productivity, quality, and cross-functional collaboration
As Director of Design, you will not only build culture within the Design function, but uphold and promote TrialSpark’s values throughout the organization. The ideal candidate is passionate about developing products that drive user and business value, enabling their team to be the best versions of themselves, and committed to continuous improvement.
- In-house product design experience, including development of internal tools for users with operational workflows
- Proven people-management skills, with a track record of developing and mentoring senior designers
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication abilities, with a knack for bridging gaps among stakeholders and knowledge domains
- Flexibility to work from our New York HQ at least once a week
We offer competitive compensation because we want to hire the best people and reward them for their contributions to our mission. We pay all employees competitively relative to the New York City market, regardless of their location. In compliance with NYC’s pay transparency law and in pursuit of pay equity and fairness, we publish salary ranges for all open roles at TrialSpark. The target salary range for this role is $220,000 - $250,000.
On top of base salary, we also offer equity, generous perks, location flexibility, and comprehensive benefits – learn more about them and our compensation philosophy here.
If this range doesn’t match your expectations, please still apply because we may have something else for you.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.