Director of IT, Service Management
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region is home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center is a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation, and technology optimization.Director of IT Service Management
We are seeking a highly experienced and strategic Director of IT Service Management
to lead and oversee our IT Service Management operations and business processes. The ideal candidate will possess an in-depth understanding of IT Information Library (ITIL) best practices, a proven track record of successfully aligning IT services with business priorities and extensive expertise in managing IT Service Management (ITSM) processes and tools for configuration management data base (CMDB), problem, incident, demand, knowledge, and case management. The Director of IT Service management will play a critical role in optimizing our IT service delivery, driving operational efficiency, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.Essential Duties and Job Functions
Example Deliverables:Business Partnership
- Manage, mentor, and empower a team of direct reports, contractors and vendors focusing on hiring, developing, and retaining top talent within the team.
- Exhibit self-started and highly motivated qualities to build new functions and services being accountable for overall roadmap for ITSM services.
- Deliver results that exceed expectations to achieve and enhance SLA/KPI performance by emphasizing effective cross functional teamwork.
- Design and implement mission-critical IT service processes across the enterprise.
- Ensure alignment of processes with corporate and IT strategy.
- Proactively monitor incident resolution, analyze trends, and highlight root causes to support Problem Management and relevant teams.
- Participate in High Impact Problem / Root cause analysis and provide reporting to senior leadership.
- Collaborate across teams to identify integration points and risk for all new processes and services affecting employee experience, sharing insights with tower owners for appropriate preparation and participation.
Process Design / Improvement
- Develop strong and trusted strategic relationships with key Gilead business partners and users through effective communication, credibility and expertise in matters related to system requirements, fostering collaborative solutions.
- Effectively manage and deliver on expectations by integrating efforts and perspectives of multiple stakeholders and resources.
- Grasp key stakeholders' expectations and their impact on the technical direction of the design or product selection.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Provide standard design artifacts and recommendations for all designs.
- Evaluate applicability of existing systems and processes, contributing aligned insights to future IT and business strategy.
- Incorporate current Gilead standards into solutions needs for business partners.
- Develop long-term plans considering future business directions and technology landscape changes.
- Advise clients on technology-related business problems, leveraging appropriate IT colleagues and/or vendors as appropriate.
- Formulate and assess options, working with stakeholders to determine best solutions in line with Gilead IT's Transformational strategy.Education:
- BA/BS in relevant and/or related field; MS preferred.
Gilead Core Values:
- Minimum 12+ years of relevant IT Service design, Architecture implementation experience including functional and technical aspects of IT Operations required
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience is helpful, but not required.
- Expertise in IT functions, service design, ITIL, and ServiceNow platforms and concepts.
- 6 years of SNOW implementation and integration.
- Extensive experience with process design for ITIL Services
- Subject matter expertise in one or more aspects of infrastructure and understanding of IT Services.
- Knowledge of general IT Audit controls, IT process management (i.e., ITIL) including incident, problem, change and release management.
- Experience working with Enterprise IT Frameworks (i.e., ITIL, SDLC, AGILE etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise in ServiceNow for tertiary integrations.
- Broad understanding of IT Services, Architectural design, Integration, and Software design, including hardware and software platforms such as On Prem, SaaS, and Internal Cloud hosted systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication, presentation, facilitation, and diplomacy skills, maintaining a high level of personal integrity in line with Gilead's core values.
- ITIL External Certification (preferably ITIL V4), familiarity with ML and AI concepts preferred.
- Working knowledge of System and Development Life Cycle processes preferred.
- Experience or knowledge of ServiceNow platform preferred.
- Azure Administrator, Developer, Solutions or Security Architect certification preferred.
- Familiarity with AWS products and offerings preferred.
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
The salary range for this position is: $181,645.00 - $235,070.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.