We're seeking a Quantum Mechanics Developer to join our mission of improving human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
As a member of our Jaguar team, you will play a crucial role in the development and maintenance of our rapid ab initio electronic structure package and quantum chemistry workflows, keeping Schrödinger at the cutting edge of computational drug discovery and materials science.
Who will love this job:
- A quantum chemist who can efficiently implement molecular electronic structure methodologies and workflows, with a proven track record of scientific contributions to computational/theoretical chemistry or a related field
- A proficient software developer who enjoys writing Python, FORTRAN, and/or C/C++ code in a collaborative environment while adhering to good engineering practices
- A scientist with practical experience in chemical reactivity, reaction mechanisms, and transition state modeling and methodologies, plus an understanding of mixed quantum-classical (QM/MM) and embedding methods
What you’ll do:
- Implement workflows and solutions using quantum mechanics to impact research in the life and materials science industries
- Develop and apply novel methods to predict chemical reactivity, reaction mechanisms, catalysis, protonation equilibria, and other properties in the solution phase
- Contribute to fundamental improvements in our molecular electronic structure codes, Jaguar and QSite
What you should have:
- PhD in physical, theoretical, computational, or quantum chemistry
- Previous experience in one or more of the following application areas: reactivity prediction and catalysis, pKa prediction / solution phase equilibria, spectroscopy, and mixed quantum-classical simulations
- Robust knowledge of organic and/or inorganic chemistry
- Experience with a large software project in the field of molecular electronic structure theory or molecular dynamics
- Familiarity with machine learning methods and processing large datasets is a plus
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for three years running.
We've been working remotely from across the world over the past few months because the health and safety of our employees is paramount. Nonetheless, we have kept Schrödinger's outstanding culture going through a series of online fitness classes, trivia nights, happy hours, and so much more.
Estimated base salary range: $120,000 - $160,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.