At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The primary focus of API-EM TS/MS-small molecule scientist is to execute laboratory projects (experimental, investigational, and lab modeling) to improve and optimize process control, yield, purity, and/or productivity supporting APIEM technical agenda initiatives. The TS/MS – small molecule scientist should be technically independent in setting up and executing a variety of reactions at laboratory scale and conduct research on manufactured product for process improvements and troubleshooting in the TS/MS small molecule laboratory. The secondary focus of the scientist will be to provide technical support required to achieve the reliable and compliant manufacture of the API External Manufacturing (API EM) portfolio which includes raw materials, intermediates, and bulk drug substances.
- Ability to independently set up and execute various chemical reactions.
- Apply technical expertise to scientific problem solving to support TSMS
- Ensure that experiments are well designed with clear objectives
- Ability to analyze data and ensure appropriate documentation
- Utilize save laboratory practice and adhere to CHP requirements
- Write technical reports and documents
- Ability to work in a team environment and contribute to small molecule technical projects in the laboratory
- Understand the scientific principles required for manufacturing intermediates and bulk drug substances, including the interaction of the chemistry and equipment.
- Execute technical projects (experimental, modeling and/or production data analysis) to improve process control, yield, purity, and/or productivity.
- Provide technical support for preparation of relevant technical documents, as required, such as: technical reports, change controls, regulatory submissions, deviation investigations, validation protocols and summary reports, processing records, procedures, PFDs, VMPs, etc.
- Develop and monitor established metrics in real-time to assess process variability and capability.
- Understand, justify and document the state of validation (process and cleaning) with data that evaluate the capability of the manufacturing process to meet its stated purpose.
- Ensure that an accurate instruction set (tickets & procedures) and PFD describe the process as performed and the control strategy for the discrete manufacturing steps.
- Provide support to the global and local PLOT teams.
- Provide support to internal and joint process teams.
- Strong problem solving skills,
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with cGMP manufacturing environment and terminology.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize activities.
- Good judgment and flexibility.
- Tasks require entering manufacturing areas which require wearing appropriate PPE.
- Domestic and international Travel (variable, can approach 10%).
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.