At Seer, we are passionate about empowering our customers to expand scientific discoveries and achieve exceptional scientific outcomes. Our team is growing quickly as we develop innovative approaches to solve complex biological questions. And we believe the next frontier in biology is enabled through a clearer and more complete view of the proteome – something that Seer can uniquely deliver. As we build our team, we are looking for collaborative, driven, intellectually curious people who are committed to solving complex challenges. Our culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork, because we believe that this enables the kind of breakthrough thinking that will accelerate our mission.
This role is based on-site in Redwood City (Redwood Shores), California
As Instrument Software Engineer, you will own the development and maintenance of software applications and systems used in various instruments, both front and back end. These instruments could include scientific instruments, medical devices, ideally a liquid handler.
Your main responsibilities as a Instrument Software Engineer would include:
- Software Development: Hands on development with software development processes, methodologies, and best practices for both the front and back end. You will collaborate with other stakeholders, such as product managers and hardware engineers, to define software requirements and specifications for instrument systems.
- Project Planning and Execution: You would be responsible for planning and coordinating software development projects, including setting project goals, allocating resources, and managing project timelines and budgets. You would ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget while meeting quality standards.
- Collaboration: You would collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as lab robotics automation team, research product development team, product marketing team, project management, and customer experience and support teams, using the latest technologies to design & build the next generation of paradigm shifting, customer facing robotic automation software. You would also work closely with stakeholders to understand their requirements and provide technical expertise and support.
- Technology Evaluation and Adoption: You would stay updated with the latest advancements in software development technologies, tools, and frameworks.
Background and Qualifications:
- Full Stack experience is highly desired.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or closely related science/engineering disciplines.
- 8+ years of experience in software development for instrument software or scientific software.
- Mastery in the C# programming language, Visual Studio, WIX installation, COM, and Microsoft technologies.
- Proficiency in web-based UI design principles, including Angular and Typescript.
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodologies, Git, and JIRA.
- Familiarity with ISO 13485 standard for medical device quality management systems related to software development.
- Experience with software validation and verification, including test protocol creation and execution.
- Skills in creating comprehensive and compliant software documentation.
- Preferred experience with liquid-handling instruments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge robotic automation software, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and contribute to decoding the secrets of the proteome.
At Seer, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $170,000 and $200,000 and will depend on the candidates education, skills, qualifications, experience, and location. This position is also eligible for bonus, benefits, and participation in Company’s stock option plan.
We welcome you to apply today!
Seer is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Seer employees and contractors who regularly come onsite to a Seer office or Client, are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Exceptions to this requirement are employees and/or contractors who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Seer's accommodations process.